In PSoC Creator, I received the message that I needed to upgrade the firmware on the kit. So, I went to the PSoC Programmer and attempted to upgrade the firmware, but it failed. How can I get the kit back to factory settings?
Here's what I do, from scratch (no programs open, kit disconnected):
- Open PSoC Programmer (Version 220.127.116.114), output shown:
| Select Port in the PortList, then try to connect
Device set to CY8C4127FNI-BL483 at 8:47:13 AM | 131072 FLASH bytes
Device Family set to CY8C4xxx-BLE at 8:47:12 AM |
Active HEX file set at 8:47:12 AM | C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\CY8CKIT-042-BLE Kit\1.0\Firmware\Programmer\KitProg\KitProg.cyacd
| Users must be aware that the following PSoC device should not be powered or programmed at 5V. Doing so will cause damage to the device: CYRF89xxx
Session Started at 8:47:12 AM | PPCOM Version 22.0
- I then connect the CY8CKIT-042-BLE PIONEER BASEBOARD. LED2 (status) starts solid, but quickly goes to 4Hz flash. PSoC Programmer output window displays (in red):
Connected at 8:48:24 AM | KitProg bootloader device is detected
| Please close all ports, then navigate to the Utilities tab and click the Upgrade Firmware button to recover Bridge
- On the Utilities tab, the Upgrade Firmware is now clickable. No ports are listed in the Port Section window. I click Upgrade Firmware and get:
Firmware Update Finished at 8:52:42 AM |
| FAILED! Bootloader Port is not connected!
Firmware Upgrade Started at 8:52:42 AM |
Firmware Upgrade Requested at 8:52:42 AM |
What am I doing wrong? User's Guide says flashing LED indicates "LED starts blinking at power up, if bootloadable file is corrupt." Clearly the device is connecting, but I can't get it out of the corrupted state.
- I'm using the kit version install from: CY8CKIT042BLEKITSetupOnlyPackage_RevSE_3-25-16.exe
- I'm running on Windows 8.1 on VMWare on an MAC
- Pioneer baseboard silkscreen version: 600-60194-01 REV03
- Pioneer baseboard sticker version: 121-60158-01 rev 06