Connecting two CYBLE-224110-EVAL between them

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

For our current application, we need a long range link. As a first step, we would like to perform a range test. For this, we bought two CY8CKIT-042-BLE-A kits and two CYBLE-224110-EVAL. We want to connect them one to each other (Central and peripheral) and see how the link
behaves in terms of distance.

We found this project on the web https://github.com/cypresssemiconductorco/PSoC-4-BLE/blob/master/100_Projects_in_100_Days/Day020_BLE... which we used to connect both boards.
First we tried with the two CY8C4248LQI-BL583 modules that come with the CY8CKIT.
We took the above mentioned SW, we update the sw modules (As PSoC Creator suggest) and we changed the device to CY8C4248LQI-BL583. Everything worked properly.

Then, we change the module to the CYBLE-224110 in the kit board acting as Central, changed the device in PSoc and tried again. It was OK.

The other way round, CYBLE-224110 as peripheral and CY8C4248 as central also work fine.

But when we switched to CYBLE-224110 in both kit boards, they cannot establish communication.

Anyone has an idea of what could be the reason for this?

We are new to BLE and PSoC and we are a bit lost.

Thank you very much in advance

Xavi

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Xavi,

Kindly test the attached USB_UART projects which have been modified to enable PA in the CYBLE-224110. These projects should work for you.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Xavi,

Just to make sure, have you enabled onboard the PA(power amplifier) on the CYBLE-224110? If not, could you try enabling the PA, you can follow the steps mentioned on page 103 of the below document:

http://www.cypress.com/file/157791/download

Another test you could do: Forget enabling the PA, just keep the 2 boards very close to each other(you can keep the boards in contact) and check if it works.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Yssu,

Many thanks for your answer. I'm checking the boards on my desk before going to field, so they are very close to each other. I've tried what you propose enabling the PA but no success. I've also tried different power levels (both boards): -3db, 0db and +3db but same result.

Best regards

Xavi

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Xavi,

Kindly test the attached USB_UART projects which have been modified to enable PA in the CYBLE-224110. These projects should work for you.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Yssu,

That worked fine!!!

At first I got some error when loading the project. One of them, made me think it was a problem with PSoC Creator version. I was using 3.2 so I updated to 4.0 Update 1. With this version the project loads with no error. Just compile and  program both board and they started to work.

Thank you very much for your help.

Kind regards

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am glad that it worked! Just to conclude, the only additions I made are:

• Enabled the onboard PA
  •     
  • Set the ECO captrim value
  •    

Good luck with your project!

0 Likes