M4-176L-S6E2DH - ARM

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

How can i test CAN peripheral in the FM4-176L-S6E2DH - ARM® Cortex®-M4 FM4 Graphics MCU Starter Kit with WQVGA TFT Display starter kit?

0 Likes
1 Solution
HolgerW_56
Employee
Employee
25 solutions authored 10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins

Unfortunately on the FM4-176L-S6E2DH nearly all signals are already used. The only and most comfortable chance I see is to use CAN instead of SD card. CAN signals on pin 25 (RX2_1) and pin 26 (TX2_1) are routed to RN23 (series resistance 33 Ohm) and to CN13 (SD card slot). Somehow you can modify the board in this area to connect the external CAN PHY. Be aware of the RN22 (100k pull-up resistors).

#Holger

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
HolgerW_56
Employee
Employee
25 solutions authored 10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins

Unfortunately on the FM4-176L-S6E2DH nearly all signals are already used. The only and most comfortable chance I see is to use CAN instead of SD card. CAN signals on pin 25 (RX2_1) and pin 26 (TX2_1) are routed to RN23 (series resistance 33 Ohm) and to CN13 (SD card slot). Somehow you can modify the board in this area to connect the external CAN PHY. Be aware of the RN22 (100k pull-up resistors).

#Holger

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much Holger Wech  for your reply. I now try what you suggested.

0 Likes