PGA_Inv interaction with CapSense

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've attached some simplified code that exhibits what I think is odd behavior. If you run the code on the CY8CKIT-001 with the CY8C38 module installed you'll notice that when you touch a CapSense component the LED lights for a short period of time and it is identified on the display. Note that the PGA_Inv component is not started, it is commented out.

Now uncomment the PGA_Inv component and rebuild and run the project. Now, the LED blinks and the CapSense routines overwrite each other continuously. The PGA_Inv component must be triggering CapSense events.

Any idea as to what obvious thing I am missing?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

If anyone is experiencing continuous CapSense events being triggered for no apparent reason, try moving CapSense_start() and CapSense_InitalizeAllBaselines() to the point after all analog components have been started.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

If anyone is experiencing continuous CapSense events being triggered for no apparent reason, try moving CapSense_start() and CapSense_InitalizeAllBaselines() to the point after all analog components have been started.

0 Likes