Difference between CY8C4247LQI-BL493 and CY8C4247LQI-BL483

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

I would like to know if the only difference between CY8C4247LQI-BL493 and CY8C4247LQI-BL483 is the CapSense characteristics. I need to know if the same code can run in both MCU without any problem (I don't use the Capsense). Searching the CY8C4247LQI-BL483 in the search box of the cypress main web page, if  you click on the datasheet link you're redirected to the 4XX7_BLE family datasheet, meanwhile if you do the same thing with the CY8C4247LQI-BL493 you're redirected to the 4XX8_BLE family datasheet. Is this a mistake in the link?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

The core for all PSoC4 is ARM Cortex M0, so the code will run on any family member. Just use PSoC Creator and set the device accordingly. When there is an incompatibility you will see it when you build the project. The .hex can not be swapped between the two PSoCs.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

The core for all PSoC4 is ARM Cortex M0, so the code will run on any family member. Just use PSoC Creator and set the device accordingly. When there is an incompatibility you will see it when you build the project. The .hex can not be swapped between the two PSoCs.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Bob.

What has happened is that I didn't notice the change of the component and I programmed CY8C4247LQI-BL493 with the CY8C4247LQI-BL483 component in the PSoC Creator. The program doesn't give any problem (apparently). I realized the mistake when I tried to make a programming with the PSoC Programmer (it detects the mistake and doesn't allow to program).

Thank you very much.

0 Likes