open a usb with libusb without uninstalling it's Driver from windows

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

hy,i am using a custom FPGA-Board with a CY7. in the other hand, i code a Qt app based on libusb. the problem is: Control Center need windows Driver. but libusb want to uninstall it and replace his Driver(WinUSB v6.1.7600.16385) by zadig. after replacing driver by using zadig app, the windows no longer recognize CY7 and hence control center cannot program it. how can open a usb with libusb without uninstalling it's Driver from windows?or other solution?! thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

I suppose you are talking about FX2LP CY7C68013A, please confirm.

I request you to clarify the scenario. Are you using Windows or Linux? Libusb is used in Linux, for Windows, we provide Cypress drivers. If you bind the device to Cypress drivers, only then you will see it in the control center. Please clarify the scenario which you see. Also, please attach snapshot of the device in the device manager showing the driver details and the hardware ids

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I suppose you are talking about FX2LP CY7C68013A, please confirm.

I request you to clarify the scenario. Are you using Windows or Linux? Libusb is used in Linux, for Windows, we provide Cypress drivers. If you bind the device to Cypress drivers, only then you will see it in the control center. Please clarify the scenario which you see. Also, please attach snapshot of the device in the device manager showing the driver details and the hardware ids

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks,problem solved. i used cyapi instead of libusb.
is cyapi works on linux?

0 Likes