Pairing on iOS

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

I'm going to implement the pairing of my cypress device both on Android and iOS.

I had no problem on Android, there is an explicit method to call (createBond) and I was able to handle it.

Unfortunately, it's a little problematic on iOS, I'm not able to find any API method in objective C which allows me to request the pairing/bonding.

I need a "just work" pairing, no pin or OOB security checks.

I've downloaded the example source code of CySmart from here but I wasn't able to find anything about pairing, except for some constant.

Someone could help me?

Thanks in advance!!

ps: I hope this is the correct section

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

In iOS, once the connection happens, the pairing is done automatically by the stack. Pairing technique is based on your security levels and IO Capabilities.

iOS does not support OOB Pairing. you can also refer the below link:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/32385342/bluetooth-out-of-band-oob-pairing-on-ios

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

In iOS, once the connection happens, the pairing is done automatically by the stack. Pairing technique is based on your security levels and IO Capabilities.

iOS does not support OOB Pairing. you can also refer the below link:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/32385342/bluetooth-out-of-band-oob-pairing-on-ios

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Madhu,

thanks for the answer.

As you said, it depends on the stack. So, the solution could be set the firmware of the device in order to request the pairing as necessary condition to connect. Right?

Regards

Dario

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes!

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes