PSOC4 getting aquired as Cortex-M0

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having an issue that I don't know how to fix. When I try and aquire the cyble-14008 from the miniprog3, it shows up as a cortex-m0.

I have previously programmed the cyble-14008 module that is on the board correctly, so I know that it isn't an issue with the pin out of the chip to the programmer, due to it being able to be acquired.

I am wondering if there is anyway for me to be able to recover the cyble-14008 or is this device just dead in the water? 

Thank you for any information that you can give me on this issue.

Thanks,

Alex

0 Likes
1 Solution
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

But the CYBLE contain a PSoC4-BLE, which _is_ a Cortex-M0. Otherwise you should the supply voltages whether they are stable (you have decoupling caps, right?). Also, use a scope to check that the programming signals are clean.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Use PSoC programmer with the miniprog3 to check for a required update.

What version of Creator are you running? Latest is 4.0 SP1

Bob

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

But the CYBLE contain a PSoC4-BLE, which _is_ a Cortex-M0. Otherwise you should the supply voltages whether they are stable (you have decoupling caps, right?). Also, use a scope to check that the programming signals are clean.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Bob,

I did what you suggested with the miniprog3 and PSoC programmer and it cam back as the firmware version is up-to-date.

Hex: 2.05 Miniprog3:2.05

I am running PSoC Creator 4.0 Update 1 and I did change for updates as well and everything is up-to-date.

Thank you for the suggestions, and others?

Thanks,

Alex

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Hli,

Yes I am supplying the voltages that are necessary to the pins that needed. I am using the the recommended host schematic for a single supply. I do have a main decoupling cap from the voltage regulator that I am using.

I did use a scope to check the programming signals and everything looks good.

Thank you for the suggestions, other thoughts?

Thanks,

Alex

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

No, not really. There seems to be a SWD connection, but the programmer doesn't get get the device ID. This might be an issue with the BLE module, or with the programmer. When you have another MiniProg3, try it. Maybe use another USB cable. Maybe use PSoC programmer instead of Creator.

(Since you looked at the signald with a scope we can probably rule out that something else is connected to any of the SWD lines, or that Vdd is not clean)