CY8CKIT-037 PSoC 4 Motor Control Eval Kit

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_1788001
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

Hi,

We are looking for a PSoC 4 BLE Evaluation board that is compatible with the CY8CKIT-037 Motor Control Kit.

Is this eval board available ?

Regards,

Chuck

0 Likes
7 Replies
user_1788001
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

Actually, we need to know if the CY8CKIT-037 board can be used with the CY8CKIT-042-BLE Board so we can develop a Motor Control App with Bluetooth BLE support. The CY8CKIT-042 board mentioned as compatible with the Motor Control Kit  is the baseboard without BLE support.

Chuck

0 Likes
pushekm_21
Employee
Employee
10 likes received 5 likes given First like received

No, CY8CKIT-037 is not compatible with CY8CKIT-042-BLE Bluetooth Low Energy Pioneer Kit. We are working on updating the CY8CKIT-037 to make it compatible with all the Pioneer kts provided by Cypress.

In order to use the current CY8CKIT-037 with CY8CKIT-042-BLE, you'll need a translation board in between that will route the pins as per the base board.

Thanks,

Pushek

0 Likes
user_1788001
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

Pushek,

I had noticed the pins to the Arduino bus were different but can the port pins be reassigned in the Motor Control software to match the non-BLE Pioneer kit ? Or does it really require new hardware ?

Regards,

Chuck

0 Likes

I meant to say can the port definitions in the Motor Control sw be changed to use the ports available on the BLE Module ?

Did not state that well in previous post.

Chuck

0 Likes

Please respond ASAP about whether sw projects for motor control can be modified to match ports on the PSoC 4 BLE Module. This will determine if we can use PSoC for our project !

Chuck

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

I downloaded the example projects and tried two of them using a CY8C4247LQI-BL483.  The programs flagged the PWM and also some of the other parts I tried to replace some of the parts with the parts the PSoc Ble uses and they worked. This should work except the wiring issues.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Here is stepper motor example program it compiles but I don't have the motor board so you will need to debug it.  All of the devices have been replaced.  I am not sure about the interface to Arduino interface . You can buy boards to do the change the interface at some of the Arduino board suppliers. 

0 Likes