3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 16, 2017 11:10 AM by Madhu Lakshmipathy

022001 Fiexkey pairing

lars.harms_1424076

Hello,

i am designing a BLE Keyboard (HID device), but now i run into some problems. My design has no display and limited keyboard functionaltity (only numbers from 1-7 and some alphanumeric keys).

In the sourcecode i have set a fixed pairing key to "1234". On my android device the mobile phone ask for the key and on entering the "1234" the connection is established and running. The HID-Codes from my device are send correct.

If i try this under Windows 7 or 10 with an USB-Stick which is capable of running BLE, windows don't asks for a key and the connection is not sucessfull.

Where can i start my debugging ?

The starting point is the Bluetooth HID Keyboard example from Cypress, only added with the Fixed Pairing key and the neccesary Security options. BLE Component is 4.2.

best regards

Lars

• 1. Re: 022001 Fiexkey pairing
          Madhu Lakshmipathy

Hi,

What USB Stick do you have? Are you sure of it;s pairing requirements (like IO Methods, Security level) etc? Can those settings be changed in your USB Stick?

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

• 2. Re: 022001 Fiexkey pairing
            lars.harms_1424076

Hi,

i am using a CSR Harmony BLE Stick and i am sure that this device has the neccesary requirements. The Settings you mentioned are not changeable.

What i am confused about, is the fact that the android device asks for the entry of the key. The CSR Harmony does not ask for a key. Afterwards there are two possible situations:

- The device is paired successfull, but no scan code are transmitted.

- The device refuses the connection, complaining about wrong key entry. But there was no change to enter a key

best regards

Lars

• 3. Re: 022001 Fiexkey pairing
              Madhu Lakshmipathy

Hi,

It seems your USB Stick does not support authenticated pairing. In your BLE HID Device project -> BLE Components Settings, please change your Security as Unauthenticated pairing with encryption and try. 

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan