6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 13, 2017 11:03 AM by e.pratt_1639216

Connection hangs after device successfully bonds with Android app

alice_winx_2013697

Hi, 

I am currently trying to get OTA working with an Android app. I am wondering if there are any necessary steps after bonding the app with the device with the "createBond" method from the BluetoothDevice class before characteristics can be written?

I compared the PSoC debug printouts from when OTA is facilitated with CySmart and when OTA is facilitated with my own app. It seems that with CySmart, the device is able to see the "CYBLE_EVT_GAPC_CONNECTION_UPDATE_COMPLETE" event right after the "CYBLE_EVT_GAP_AUTH_COMPLETE" event (which I believe happens after bonding completes successfully). However, with my own application, the device only saw "CYBLE_EVT_GAP_AUTH_COMPLETE" and no "CYBLE_EVT_GAPC_CONNECTION_UPDATE_COMPLETE". The device also disconnects after 10 seconds or so, which I assume is due to a hanged connection. However, I am pretty lost at how to invoke this event on the device. 

I'm wondering how the CYBLE_EVT_GAPC_CONNECTION_UPDATE_COMPLETE event could be invoked on the device? Does anyone know what I could be missing on the android application's side? 

Thanks!!!