7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 27, 2017 12:50 PM by user_365962704

Infinite While loop in I2C communication

gabryg29_2280286

Hi guys, this is my first post in the forum, so please correct me if I do something wrong.

I'm using a CYBLE-014008-EVAL with the CY8CKIT-042-BLE.

I'm communicating with 4 ADS1115 via I2C in a rather complicate ambient (I2C communications are going to fail due to inducted errors from time to time). The problem is that in the source generated code for the I2C SCBs, there are several while loops where my program gets stuck.

I wanted to do something to restart the process when I2C fails, but I can't modify the source code without it getting restored every time I rebuild the project. Is there anything in the API I haven't found which could help me? If not, is there any way I can modify the source code (I already tried this: http://www.cypress.com/knowledge-base-article/avoiding-changes-source-file-get-overwritten-psoc-creator )?

I would also like to know which of the ADCs has failed and send some kind of error, but I'm stuck in the same problem as before.

Thanks in advance..and great job! This is a great community

PD: I can't attach the project due to the matter of it. I can paste some parts of the code if needed though.