Verilog on PSoC 5lp

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
duno_297731
Level 3
Level 3
10 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

so, I have a schematic design that I want to turn to verilog, and interface the verilog to the microcontroller.  right now, the MCU is not involved, it's just a simple sequential logic design.  I found the verilog file that gets created upon "build" and pasted it into a newly created source in the design.  however, I don't think the design is working now.   I also want to expand it to communicate with the microcontroller, and I have no idea how to do that. 

does anyone have a simple example of this?

0 Likes
6 Replies
duno_297731
Level 3
Level 3

I thought I had added the verilog to the project, but I get an error saying that I cannot add the folder, file or other item to the project.

0 Likes
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted
        Attach entire project: File->Create workspace bundle->Minimal   
0 Likes
duno_297731
Level 3
Level 3

I can't post.  the current design is considered proprietary by my company.  maybe we could go through it with an example project?

I'm reading through the component author guide.  do you think turning my verilog into a component is a good way to incorporate it into a microcontroller design?

0 Likes
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
        Make some demo project exemplifying the problem and post it for review. For example of medium complexity verilog component take a look on this community component http://www.cypress.com/forum/psoc-community-components/dds24-24-bit-dds-arbitrary-frequency-generato...   
0 Likes
duno_297731
Level 3
Level 3

I might be able to take an exemplar project (like you posted) and use that as a starting point for my design.  does that example, or another that you know of, implement a verilog design with interface to the microcontroller?

0 Likes
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9

Pure Verilog can communicate with PSoC CPU only through control/status registers.

This thread lists pretty much all of PSoC Verilog resources available

http://www.cypress.com/forum/psoc-5-device-programming/psoc-verilog-how-big-design-can-one-make#comm...

0 Likes