4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 20, 2017 7:02 AM by e.pratt_1639216

BLE Stack internal Debug output?

magnus.dahlvik_2254516

Hi

I am developing a project using the CYBLE-012011-00 module with the latest PSoC Creator 4.0 Update 1 (4.0.0.432) and BLE stack 3.30. Sometimes I'm having some connection problems with BlueZ stack in Linux when my device gets stuck in an infinite connect/disconnect loop after devices boot and try to re-establish their connection. This happens only sporadically, but when it does happen a complete un-pairing and re-pairing is the only solution. I already catch all events coming from the callback I have registered to CyBle_Start() function and send them to DEBUG UART, but unfortunately they do not help me very much as I seem to get random CYBLE_EVT_GATT_DISCONNECT_IND out of nowhere. On the Linux side debugging BlueZ (both bluetoothd and btmon) has not helped either, I can see the same disconnect events there also but not where they come from and why. Then they re-establish connection and I get a CYBLE_EVT_GATT_CONNECT_IND event which is shortly after followed by another CYBLE_EVT_GATT_DISCONNECT_IND and so on...

So is there any way to enable debug uart output in within the Cypress BLE stack, and not just the callback? I cannot find anything about it in the BLE_Stack.h file in my project and neither in the PDF documentation for the BLE 3.30 module. Surely the Cypress stack developers must be using som debug output from within the BLE stack itself when they are developing the stack? Any suggestions?