FX3 USB 3.0 Cable Type problem

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I implemented DMARead with IsDQ32bit in FX3 from FPGA.

When a USB3.0 Cable is connected with PC, normal reading is done for 24 hours.

But, When the USB3.0 adapter is added to the cable, the DMARead stops randomly within couple hours.

Is there a way to strengthen the super speed data signal?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please clarify which "USB3.0 adapter " do you use? Did you make sure that the adapter has USB certification and meets the USB IF recommendations? 

Also do clarify what happens at the error? What do you mean by "DMARead stops". What error do you see? 

You can try by increasing the TX swing using the API: CyU3PUsbSetTxSwing
This API sets the Tx amplitude used by FX3 on the USB 3.0 interface. Please use this API with caution. The device has only been tested to work properly under the default swing setting of 0.9V (swing value set to 90). This API is expected to be called before calling the CyU3PConnectState() API to enable USB connections.

0 Likes

Q)Please clarify which "USB3.0 adapter " do you use? Did you make sure that the adapter has USB certification and meets the USB IF recommendations? 

A) My system has FX3 ic chip. FX3 has connect USB 3.0 micro B type connector.

So, for connect to PC, used USB3.0 adapter that USB3.0 Micro B to USB 3.0 Standard A.

The adapter has USB certification and meets the USB IF recommendations.

Q) Also do clarify what happens at the error? What do you mean by "DMARead stops". What error do you see? 

A) Real time data transfer from my system to the PC by FX3. the data size is about 16K per a frame.

About 60 Hz of data was transmitted per second.

"DMA Read Stops" means stoped data transfer from my system to PC.

Q)You can try by increasing the TX swing using the API: CyU3PUsbSetTxSwing

A) I tried what you said. But nothing has changed. It still stops transmitting data.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

1) When a USB3.0 Cable is connected with PC, normal reading is done for 24 hours. But, When the USB3.0 adapter is added to the cable, the DMARead stops randomly within couple hours.

>> I understand that a standard USB cables works fine without problem. Can you share the link/image of the adapter which you are using?  As the issue does not occur with standard USB cable, I am inclined that the issue can be related to the adapter. 

2>>  I understand that the DMA read stops. Can you please enable UART debugging in your project and see whether or not any API fails. If we see any particular API to fail, we can accordingly understand the cause. Particularly, please check the return status of commitbuffer API. 

0 Likes