Upgradable-Stack OTA project BLE updated to V3_20 compilation fails

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi:

I'm using the upgradable-stack OTA projects, with environment as:

PROC module: CYBLE-212019-00

PSOC Creator 4.0

Establish projects from the examples: 

BLE Upgradable Stack Example Launcher &  BLE Upgradable Stack Example Stack in the same workspace.

Using BLE componet with older version v3_10, both the projects compile successfully!

If I update the BLE component to v3_20., the BLE Upgradable Stack Example Stack fails with following errors:

Error in component: cy_boot. The cy_boot_v4_20 component (cy_boot) is not compatible with the selected device. Please check the component datasheet for details on updating to a compatible component

Error in component: PrISM_1. Component 'PrISM_v2_20' is not supported by the selected device.

Error in component: PrISM_2. Component 'PrISM_v2_20' is not supported by the selected device.

Is anyone can help to answer this? 

Thanks!

Justin Chen

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried updating all components in the project?

Right-click on the project, and select "update components", then make sure all of the components are up-to-date.

And the PriSM component isn't supported for that device as the compiler ouput states.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are no PrISM component in the upgradable-Stack Stack example. When I use the old version BLE V3_10, it works fine.  The problem comes out after I update the BLE component to V3_20.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you post the example project you are trying to update the BLE version in?

The BLE components have a version log in their help document, you could try looking into that to see the specific changes between v3.2 and v3.1 that could be affecting your project.

That's odd it is giving a Prism error if it's not using a prism component; No idea why that would be occurring.

0 Likes