I think you are referring to the Capsense CSD component ,I request you to refer to the latest Capsense 3.1 component
1. What is the difference between Capsense_GetNormalizedDiffCountData and CapSense_GetDiffCountData
Ans--Normalization is a technique which is done internally for the capsense system to operate in presence of board to board variation.In All capsense threshold calculation direct diffcount is only used.
2. I would like to get the difference count even if it is negative – is it possible to get difference count in negative as well if the raw count is less than base line
Ans--The baseline will be updated when the difference between the baseline and raw count is less than the noise threshold. For this reason you will not be able to get negative diffcounts.
3. Will CapSense_UpdateSensorBaseline update the base line to previous rawcounts – how this function perform – request you to explain.
Ans--The baseline will be updated to the average of the Raw counts from the current and previous scans from a firmware algorithm.
4. I would like the base line to be updated to present raw count after I read the results of present scan – how can we do this.
Ans-- This can be done in the firmware by using the below function, updating baseline to the sensor raw count value.
5. Is CapSense_ScanSensor a blocking call. How do we know the scan sensor has performed the operations and current scan is over and we can check the results by calling CapSense_CheckIsSensorActive for the current scan
Ans-- You need to use the CapSense_IsBusy (void) function in the design, this returns the status if the sensor scan is in progress or complete. More details are in the Capsense 3.1 datasheet link below.
Also refer to the getting started with capsense doc below for more details on capsense
Thank you for your explanation.