Programming CYBLE-012011 standalone using CY8CKIT-002 PSoC MiniProg3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
DhDa_2432241
Level 5
Level 5
5 likes given First like received First like given

Hello,

I just bought CYBLE-012011 evaluation board and the CY8CKIT-002 PSoC MiniProg3 program and debug kit. 

I have installed:

1. All the drivers

2. PSoC creator 4.0

3. PSoc programmer 3.25.0

I am trying out the example from AN96841_Getting_started_With_EZ_BLE_Module document. Although this example is intented for CYBLE-022001-EVAL board, the only parameter I think that needs to be modified is the CAPACITOR_TRIM_VALUE which is 0x0000BCBC for CYBLE-012011. 

I followed that document with CAPACITOR_TRIM_VALUE changed and I was able to build the project with no errors. 

Now I am have trouble in selecting debug target

I followed these steps:

1. Connected my MiniProg3 to CYBLE 012011 Eval board using the 10 pin connector.

2. In PSoC programmer under Port Selection, I can see my device being listed as MiniProg3/1614BB0011BA. I double clicked the name and a blue dot appeared before the name and the connection status changed to connected.

3. In PsoC creator 4.0, Debug -> Select debug target. I had to close the PSoC programmer as only one program can access the device at a time. Now I was able to see my device listed as MiniProg3/1614BB0011BA. However, I could see the BLE device. When I clicked port acquire, it says "There was an error running port acquire: Can not acquire SWD device!".

Questions:

1. How do I get the PSoC creator to connect to my chip?

2. Why CYBLE-012011 is not showing up in the Select Debug Target window?

3.Where do I find my compiled hex file if I want to program using PSoC programmer?

Edit1:

The select debug target window says, the channel is not connected to a device or the device is not powered. Do I need to power the CYBLE-012011 Eval board separately?

I can see the status LED(green) flickering. Not sure what it means.

Thank you

Dheeraj

0 Likes
1 Solution

Thanks for your reply. I think I figured out what's wrong. 
I went into Tools -> Options -> Program/Debug -> Port Configuration -> MiniProg3 and

1. Set Clock speed to 24 MHz

2. Power to 3.3V

3. Acquire mode to Power Cycle

4. Connector to 10 pin.

This showed my device in the select debug target window. After that I was able to connect and program the device.  

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

In the miniprog3 setup dialog you should set the power to 3.3V which will deliver it to your target board.

Bob

0 Likes

Thanks for your reply. I think I figured out what's wrong. 
I went into Tools -> Options -> Program/Debug -> Port Configuration -> MiniProg3 and

1. Set Clock speed to 24 MHz

2. Power to 3.3V

3. Acquire mode to Power Cycle

4. Connector to 10 pin.

This showed my device in the select debug target window. After that I was able to connect and program the device.  

0 Likes