PSoC Creator request

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DaVa_2285651
Level 3
Level 3
10 questions asked First solution authored 10 sign-ins

I have really enjoyed using the PSoC Creator schematic editor!  It makes setting up systems a lot easier.

I have a request, is this the place for them?

My request is that the CAN RX buffer configuration window provides the ability to set the Acceptance Mask Register (and maybe also the Acceptance Code Register).  If I am understanding correctly, the AMR register should allow a mailbox to receive messages for IDs within a range instead of a single ID.  At the moment it seems this can only be done in firmware.

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
harshadap_76
Employee
Employee
First like received

Hi David,

You need to use AMR and ACR register in order to recieve a range of IDs. Or you can have multiple mailboxes enabled with the IDs that you need to accept.

Kindly refer page 23.5 Receiving Messages in CAN of the following PSoc 5LP TRM

http://www.cypress.com/file/123561/download

Could you please let me know which device are you using?

Regards

Harshada

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
harshadap_76
Employee
Employee
First like received

Hi David,

You need to use AMR and ACR register in order to recieve a range of IDs. Or you can have multiple mailboxes enabled with the IDs that you need to accept.

Kindly refer page 23.5 Receiving Messages in CAN of the following PSoc 5LP TRM

http://www.cypress.com/file/123561/download

Could you please let me know which device are you using?

Regards

Harshada

0 Likes
DaVa_2285651
Level 3
Level 3
10 questions asked First solution authored 10 sign-ins

Hi Harshada,

I am using a 4200M part.  I can set the AMR and ACR registers in firmware, but I was hoping that in the future PSoC Creator could support setting a range of IDs in the schematic editor, currently the CAN configuration window only supports setting a single ID.

0 Likes
mattl_01
Employee
Employee
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

I have a general comment

psoc_creator_feedback@cypress.com or the component feedback survey (View->Other Windows) are great places to make suggestions but bad places to ask questions or get technical support.  You can also make suggestions by opening a technical support case.  Many times those guys know a way to accomplish what you are asking for in another fashion.

Another word about the component feedback survey, it's hard to tell where to leave feedback, but there is a space for comments.

Thanks,

--Matt

0 Likes