Do not work debug mode for CY8CKIT-042-BLE-A

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I have new Pioneer Kit CY8CKIT-042-BLE-A. I can build any examples and program the BLE PSoC chip without any problem. All is work as expected. Excluding the debugging. When I try to run debug session I get next error:

Debugger exited unexpectedly during run. Encountered error (Target disconnected See output window for more information.)
There was an unhandled error during the debug session. This has forced the debugger to shutdown. Try again.

Output listing of building and debugging :

Programming started for device: 'PSoC 4200 BLE CY8C4248LQ*-BL583'.
Device ID Check
Erasing...
Programming of Flash Starting...
Protecting...
Verify Checksum...
Device 'PSoC 4200 BLE CY8C4248LQ*-BL583' was successfully programmed at 04/22/2017 21:41:24.
Continuing target program
=thread-group-exited,id="i1"
Error: dbg.M0015: Debugger exited unexpectedly during run.  Encountered error (Target disconnected See output window for more information.)
 CANCEL

At the same time using the same USB cable on the same computer and the same PSoc Creator I do not have any problem with debugging session of other not BLE PSoCs. 

I did even turn off sleep mode for using USB port but with zero result.

Also I did try to debug on another computer and did get the same error.

I cannot start debug session and with PRoS module (black, is second in kit).

And of course I have updated firmware of base plate. 

I am absolutely new in Cypress PSoC so do not have any ideas about resolving this situation.

Thank you for help.

0 Likes
1 Solution
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

In design wide resources go to system tab and change debug from GPIO to SWD(serial wire DEbug). That will fix the issue.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

Please post your code by Clicking on File and then Create Workspace bundle and attach the file to a new Comment by clicking on Add Attachments.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did use code from examples that including in kits of BLE. All examples did build and work perfect. I just cannot begin debug session. Also I did try to run just empty project for my BLE PSoC. And also I can build and load this empty project but cannot start debug session.

For example PSoC_4_BLE_CapSense_Slider_LED example from kit without any modifications from me perfect builds and runs but not debugged.

Should I steel post this code ? 

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

Yes because there may be something that is changed. 

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have attached project that cannot debug. 

It is just example from kit without any modifications from me. During build I was asked about update some components and I agreed. But code inside example I did not change. 

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

In design wide resources go to system tab and change debug from GPIO to SWD(serial wire DEbug). That will fix the issue.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

bobgoar, thank you personally. The problem is fixed and debug session is work as expected.

Thank you for help.

0 Likes