About making USB2.0 recognition inoperative

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ZhYa_2401356
Level 2
Level 2

I have a trouble about how to disable USB2.0 when the USB3.0 recognition happens to identify failure.I try to shield the calling of some USB2.0 Init interface. But the img cann't work regularly.So, if you have this experience, please help me to solve the problem.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please clarify what do you mean by "USB2.0 when the USB3.0 recognition" ? When the host and device both support USB3, then the device will enumerate on USB3 (USB2 will not cause any conflict as the device has enumerated on USB3.)  Please clarify your exact requirement and the scenario so that we can understand your requirement. 

0 Likes
ZhYa_2401356
Level 2
Level 2

“disable USB2.0 when the USB3.0 recognition happens to identify failure”means that neither USB2.0 nor USB3.0 is identified when USB3.0 is identified failure. Because there is a note that "If SS enumeration is tried and fails, the device automatically falls back to HS/FS mode."

0 Likes
ZhYa_2401356
Level 2
Level 2

I have call the interface CyU3PUsbControlUsb2Support to use the FX3 device in USB 3.0 mode alone,but it is still identified to USB2.0. Does it have relationship to an external controller?

0 Likes
ZhYa_2401356
Level 2
Level 2

I have solved the problem.Thank you!

0 Likes
ZhYa_2401356
Level 2
Level 2

calling the interface CyU3PUsbControlUsb2Support makes device comes to blocking state. Is there any way to report upper layer the state of usb transmission speed?

0 Likes