Where is the SCB_Bootloader project?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

Working with a Psoc CY8CKIT-049-42 development kit. I am following the "getting started" video with Alan Hawes, and have installed the 15.4mb file with all of the documentation and example projects. I cannot for the life of me find the Boatloader example referenced in this video. Where is it supposed to be located? This has been incredibly frustrating, and Im sure I am making a simple error.....
I am going to New - Project - selecting the target hardware - Code Examples
There is no SCB_Bootloader project. And the 2 Bootloader based examples are completely different. 

Any ideas?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, still no idea what Im doing wrong. My PSCO Creator install in fine, and I am using a PSOC 5lp kit without incident. But I cannot find the files to load code onto the 4200. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Your Kit -049 is pre-programmed with a bootloader and without a miniprog3 this cannot be altered.

When programming a bootloadable project you need to refer to the .elf and .hex files. These have been installed on your PC when you installed the -049 kit files. Look for Program files (x86)\Cypress\CY8CKIT-049-..... and descend into the shadows... mine is

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\CY8CKIT-049-42xx\1.0\Firmware\SCB_Bootloader\UART_Bootloader.cydsn\CortexM0\ARM_GCC_484\Debug

Bob

0 Likes