To make own components have a look into the "Component Author Guide". Not quite easy, but doable.
I try something to copy the cypress component UART 2.50 but i get an error :Can't find 'NRZI_UART' in library 'work' with path 'lcpsoc3'
what it mean?
1. copy B_UART_v2_50.cysym and B_UART_v2_50.v from programm path to a local path.
2. add component item B_UART_v2_50.cysym and B_UART_v2_50.v
3.change properties of component01.cysym Collection Catalog Placement to My/com/
4. use component01 in TopDesign.cysch. put input ports at rx,cts_n,reset,clock.
5. build project an get the error.
Did you write the API .c and .h files? did you use `INSTANCE_NAME` frequently as the manual says?
i have change the INSTANCE_NAME in component01\component01.cysym
but the error: Can't find 'component01' in library 'work' with path 'lcpsoc3'. is the same
where is the place for `INSTANCE_NAME`
please can you tell me what do .
i want to change line 727 in file B_UART_v2_50.v
from: if((tx_state == UART_TX_STATE_SEND_DATA) & !reset_reg)
and psoc creator to use this file outside the component catlalog , i have to check in this file in archive.
Very quick and dirty solution:
- Build your project
- in Workspace explorer move the generated source UART folder to your source folder
- Configure UART, choose "Built-in" tab
- Set CY_SUPPRESS_API_GEN to true
- Change lines in UART.c
- Build project
I try your solution, but always the same error occurs
ADD: fit.M0002: error: Can't find 'component01' in library 'work' with path 'lcpsoc3'.
It is working at my side. Something left over from previous tries?
Start a new example, "component01" should not exist, the qnd is not working with components.