PSOC3 UART

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anyone help me with changing the uart databits and stopbit in PSOC3 at runtime?

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hello ,

The clock  Frequency you connected can be controlled by API's(check the clock datasheet).The Bits per second for UART will then depend on that external clock.

Parity you can set using the API "UART_1_WriteControlRegister".But you cannot control Stop bits at run time in firmware.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Please post your code so we know what Uart component you are using.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bob,

This is my UART component which I'm using in my project. Here I can change the Baud Rate at Run time so that I can make the Baud Rate as user configurable. I need to know whether I can use the Data bits and Stop bit in the Same way?

0 Likes
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hello ,

The clock  Frequency you connected can be controlled by API's(check the clock datasheet).The Bits per second for UART will then depend on that external clock.

Parity you can set using the API "UART_1_WriteControlRegister".But you cannot control Stop bits at run time in firmware.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your Reply I have noticed that I couldn't change the Stop bits in this firmware. I am using Tera-term to display the UART output but while changing the stop bits in the tera term there is no change in the output sometimes I still can get the output and sometimes I can't. Can anyone help me in reasoning with that.

0 Likes