A bit puzzled about archive/bundle and copy/paste process

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

When doing an archive/bundle, it creates a workspace.bundlexx.zip with renaming .cywrk files to include _bundlexx in the filename.  There does not seem to be a Creator function to restore bundle, neither to the original location to back out some changes, nor to a different location.   If that is true, it implies that the user would have to unzip the archive file in the desired location, but this will leave names changed, which is a bit odd .   What am I missing ?

Is it that this is a half way implementation of a rounder process that will see the other half implemented in the next update (4.1..) ?

Also, when I do a copy of a project and do a paste in another workspace in changes the names to ...Copy_01 even if there is no name contention.   This seems a bit awkward.   Is there a better way to clone a project ?

Tony

0 Likes
1 Solution
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted
        You are correct, to restore archive simply unzip it into desired location. The path to the linked libraries is relative, so copying I to other folder will cause errors - you have to restore project dependencies manually. Easy way to clone project is to "save project as..": select project name in project explorer window, then File->Save project as.... Select new location and save. Then close workspace, when asked to save workspace, select NO. Now open newly saved project (there is no workspace yet). It is kinda weird procedure, I see no reasoning behind it, but that what it is.   

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted
        You are correct, to restore archive simply unzip it into desired location. The path to the linked libraries is relative, so copying I to other folder will cause errors - you have to restore project dependencies manually. Easy way to clone project is to "save project as..": select project name in project explorer window, then File->Save project as.... Select new location and save. Then close workspace, when asked to save workspace, select NO. Now open newly saved project (there is no workspace yet). It is kinda weird procedure, I see no reasoning behind it, but that what it is.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Easy way to clone project is to "save project as..": select project name in project explorer window, then File->Save project as.... Select new location and save. Then close workspace, when asked to save workspace, select NO. Now open newly saved project (there is no workspace yet). It is kinda weird procedure, I see no reasoning behind it, but that what it is.

Will the workspace be created when I open the project resulting from the copy-as ?

Can I do a copy-as to another existing workspace?   Does the workspace recognize the copied project ?   Playing around I have found myself in situations where the workspace file three structure had project structures that did not show up in PSoC Creator. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just tried Save as 'UART Bootloader" from one project into another workspace to convert it bootloadable.    Then I had to go to that WS and add the project to it.

0 Likes