Led intensity control

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to controle the luminous intensity of a led with a potentiometer. The led is plugged on a analog output written by a DAC9. The input datas of the DAC9 is the output datas of the ADCINC controlled by the potentiometer on a analog input.

This project is very simple. But i can't make the led analog output follow the analog input of the potentiometer [0 - Vcc].

You'll find in attachment my project. Thank you to have a look and comments to make it work.

Thank you again.

With best regards.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum, Laborie.

Led brightness control is done best using a PWM and adjusting the duty cycle. This can be done in software by a calculation using the ADC input.

By the way: Is there a reason you are using a PSoC1? I would suggest you to get a PSoC4-M Prototyping Kit which has a lot of advantages.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum, Laborie.

Led brightness control is done best using a PWM and adjusting the duty cycle. This can be done in software by a calculation using the ADC input.

By the way: Is there a reason you are using a PSoC1? I would suggest you to get a PSoC4-M Prototyping Kit which has a lot of advantages.

Bob

0 Likes