About the difference between CY8C4248AZI-L485 and CY8C4246AZI-L433

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

Today I have bought 2pcs CY8C4248AZI-L485, when I received it, I confirm the mark number is right on the chip, and then I solder it on my PCB, and use the MiniProg3 to try to download my program, in the PSOC creator, I found the software defect the chip part number is CY8C4246AZI-L433. and then I go to solder the second chip, it is same,  PSOC creator defect the chip part number is still CY8C4246AZI-L433. 

Why it is? TKS!

0 Likes
4 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum.

The devices are different. I would suggest to get in contact with Cypress directly: At top of this page: Design Support -> Create a Support Case. There is seemingly something darn wrong.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess I have got the bad chips, TKS your reply, I am applying for some new samples from formal channel. update it after get it.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Nonetheless I would contact Cypress!!! The marking of the chips is not done outside the Cypress fab, so there might be a source of fake chips. Imho it is rather unlikely to have chips marked wrongly.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I may agree with your fake chips comments, I have only gone to try, and I have rejected it. TKS.

0 Likes