SPI Glitch when going to deepsleep

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey i'm on the CYBLE-224110-00 with SPI pins set to

MISO = P2.1

MOSI = P3.1

SCLK = P3.4

SS_BLK = P3.5

And I attach a pic of my pin cofiguration of SS_BLK and SCLK.

So what happens is that I put the device to deepsleep and I see a ~180 uSec glitch (starts at Vdd, down to Vss, back to Vdd) whenever I wake up from a timer wake up interrupt. I see this glitch on P3.4 and P3.5 but not P2.1 or P3.1. I don't know if the glitch is occurring on other pins, I have not sampled the other pins yet. ( I tried to manually write(1) to the SS_BLK and SCLK pins right before I sleep but it didn't help solve the glitch. 

Anyone have an idea what the hell I'm seeing?

I have a work around right now by putting the device to sleep instead of deepsleep. This seems to solve the glitch I'm seeing.

Sleep code:

SPI_ACCX_Sleep();
        UART_DEB_Sleep(); 

CySysPmDeepSleep();
        SPI_ACCX_Wakeup();
        UART_DEB_Wakeup();

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum.

This is exactly what the _Sleep() APIs were made for. Because in deep sleep the HF clocks get removed the peripherals should be stopped and status saved before entering power saving modes.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum.

This is exactly what the _Sleep() APIs were made for. Because in deep sleep the HF clocks get removed the peripherals should be stopped and status saved before entering power saving modes.

Bob

0 Likes