PSoC Creator - Using Built In ISR

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
TeMa_1467596
Level 5
Level 5
5 sign-ins 5 likes given First like received

I created a design for a CYBLE-222014-01 which includes a TCPWM moduse set up as a timer; it has a 32 kHz clock input and 1x presaclar.  The period is 256 and the compare is 128 with interrupt on terminal count.  I connected an ISR which I called Timer_ISR to the interrupt output.

My ISR code includes a simple LED toggle...

LED_1_Write( ~ LED_1_Read() );

Which works in main.c if I just add a 500 mS delay to the loop but when I copy that code in the ISR routine for LED2, which should be being called at 250 Hz, it seems to be called at around 300 kHz (I see a 150 kHz clock going to LED_2) and LED_1 doesn't flash any more.  Here's my code for the ISR in Timer_ISR.c

CY_ISR(Timer_ISR_Interrupt)
{
    #ifdef Timer_ISR_INTERRUPT_INTERRUPT_CALLBACK
        Timer_ISR_Interrupt_InterruptCallback();
    #endif /* Timer_ISR_INTERRUPT_INTERRUPT_CALLBACK */ 

/*  Place your Interrupt code here. */
    /* `#START Timer_ISR_Interrupt` */

LED_2_Write( ~ LED_2_Read() );
    Timer_ISR_ClearPending();           // Read to clear status register

/* `#END` */
}

I think the issue is that I'm not clearing the Timer_ISR interrupt flag so, once it triggers, it keeps getting re-called.  I've tried Timer_ISR_GetState(); in place of the Timer_ISR_ClearPending(); line but so far no joy.  There seems to be an address defined of Timer_ISR_INTC_CLR_EN but I'm not sure if that's the one to use or how to use it.

Any help appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted
        The TCPWM interrupt must be cleared inside isr. Add line TCPWM_ClearInterrupt(); inside ISR code, where TCPWM - is the name of your PWM component.   

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted
        The TCPWM interrupt must be cleared inside isr. Add line TCPWM_ClearInterrupt(); inside ISR code, where TCPWM - is the name of your PWM component.   
0 Likes

Thanks, I added TCPWM_1_ClearInterrupt(); in Timer_ISR.c but there are 2 issues:

1. I had to add #include "TCPWM_1.h" to get the function recognized and

2. It's complaining that it needs an argument.

[EDIT]

I figured it out, the code/command that works in the ISR is as follows...

CY_ISR(Timer_ISR_Interrupt)
{
    #ifdef Timer_ISR_INTERRUPT_INTERRUPT_CALLBACK
        Timer_ISR_Interrupt_InterruptCallback();
    #endif /* Timer_ISR_INTERRUPT_INTERRUPT_CALLBACK */ 

/*  Place your Interrupt code here. */
    /* `#START Timer_ISR_Interrupt` */

LED_2_Write( ~ LED_2_Read() );
    TCPWM_1_ClearInterrupt(TCPWM_1_INTR_MASK_TC);

/* `#END` */
}

The datasheet for the TCPWM_1 component provides just 2 arguments, one for interrupt on terminal count (mine) and interrupt on compare/capture count.  What's slightly confusing is that the TCPWM component generates the input to the ISR so you have to clear the ISR flag in the TCPWM, not the ISR component. 

0 Likes
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

You can refer to the TCPWMExample Project in Code example section of Creator for better understanding of  the Interrupt clearing.