CYPRESS IOT COMMUNITY LICENSE AGREEMENT
IMPORTANT— READ CAREFULLY: BY OPENING THE SOFTWARE PACKAGE OR ACCESSING OR INSTALLING THE SOFTWARE, YOU ARE AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT (“AGREEMENT”). IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT DOWNLOAD, INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE AND PROMPTLY RETURN THE SOFTWARE AND THE ACCOMPANYING DOCUMENTATION TO CYPRESS. IF YOU AGREE WITH AND ACCEPT THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT, IT SHALL BECOME A LEGALLY BINDING AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND CYPRESS SEMICONDUCTOR CORPORATION (“CYPRESS”), AND YOU MAY PROCEED TO DOWNLOAD, INSTALL, AND USE THE SOFTWARE IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
GRANT OF LICENSE.
Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, CYPRESS grants You the following license with respect to the: (1) enclosed software in object code and source code formats, including software tools, as more specifically described in the Documentation, and upgrades thereto, if any, provided by CYPRESS pursuant to Section 7 hereof (collectively, the “Software”)and (2) accompanying documentation ("Documentation"):
CYPRESS grants You a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable license solely to use the Software and Documentation for Your internal evaluation solely for the purpose of developing application programs (“Developer Programs”) that will be used in conjunction with, or will interface with, the Software and Cypress Semiconductor Corporation proprietary integrated circuits, chips, chipsets, or modules described in the Documentation (“Cypress Chips”); (ii) to use and modify the Software provided in source code format to create derivative works that will be used solely in conjunction with, or will interface with the Software and Cypress Chips, and (iii) reproduce and distribute the Software, solely in object code form, incorporated into or integrated with Cypress Chips or incorporated or integrated with Developer Programs solely for use with Cypress Chips.
THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE. The Software may include software which is owned or controlled and provided by third parties (“Third Party Software”). Such Third Party Software is subject to the terms set forth or at the links provided in Exhibit A and incorporated by reference herein. You agree to acknowledge and comply with this following third party licensing obligations and/or notices in connection with its use.
2. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS. The Software and the Documentation are proprietary products of CYPRESS. CYPRESS or its suppliers will retain ownership of the Software, Documentation and all patents, copyrights, trade secrets and other proprietary rights relating thereto. Except as provided in Section 1 above, You have no right, title or interest in the Software or the Documentation. You will own all rights, title and interest in and to the Developer Programs You may develop, except for any libraries, data or code included in the Developer Programs that are also included in the Software. You hereby covenant that You will not assert any claim that the Software or derivative works thereof created by or for CYPRESS infringe any intellectual property right owned or controlled by You.
3. RESTRICTIONS. The Software is licensed, not sold. You may not rent, lease or sublicense the Software. You may not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software. Except as expressly permitted in Section 1, You may not use, copy, modify, create derivative works of, distribute, sell, assign, pledge, sublicense, lease, deliver or otherwise transfer the Software or any portion thereof in any form, and You may not cause or permit anyone else to do any of the foregoing. You may not alter, obscure, or remove any CYPRESS trademark, trade name, logo, patent or copyright notice, or other notice or marking on the Cypress Chips, Software or Documentation or add any notices or markings to the Cypress Chips, Software or Documentation. Without limiting the foregoing restriction, except as otherwise permitted in Section 1, You may not provide access to others on a service bureau basis or otherwise. The Software is not designed or licensed for use in hazardous environments, safety critical or life support applications, or where personal injury or bodily harm may result from Software use. You shall not use the Software or Documentation in violation of any applicable law or regulation, including but not limited to any regulatory agency. This Agreement shall automatically terminate upon Your failure to comply with any of the terms of this Agreement. In such event, You will destroy all copies of the Software, its component parts, and Documentation.
EXPORT CONTROLS. You acknowledge that the Software, if exported to You, is being exported from the United States in accordance with Export Administration Regulations, 15 CFR Parts 730-774 ("EAR") and that diversion contrary to U.S. law is prohibited. You hereby represent and warrant You are not a national of, nor located in, a country designated in Country Group E of Supplement Number 1 to EAR Part 740 of the, which includes, but may not be limited to, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria. You hereby also represent and warrant that you are not listed on any U.S. Government or other governmental list designating You as subject to export control or economic sanctions restrictions, such as the Specially Designated Nationals, Denied Parties list, Entity List, Unverified List or similar list (collectively, “Restricted Parties Lists”) and also that You are not owned or controlled by any person on a Restricted Parties List. Further, You represent and warrant that You do not intend to use the Software in connection with any military end-use, or any proliferation-related end-use restricted by EAR Part 744. Notwithstanding other provisions of U.S. law, You acknowledge that transfer or re-export to any country, entity, or person subject to U.S. economic sanctions, a denial order, identified in Country Group E, or for prohibited military, weapons or missile proliferation end-uses requires prior authorization from the U.S. Government.
You agree that You shall indemnify and hold CYPRESS harmless for any liabilities, losses, damages, costs and expenses (including attorneys’ fees and costs) arising from or relating to Your failure to comply with any such law or regulation or to obtain any such license, permit or approval.
You may not attempt to obtain the source code for the Software (except for the source code provided) by any means, including but not limited to reverse engineering, decompilation, disassembly, translation or similar manipulation of the Software, unless and only to the extent that applicable law in Your jurisdiction specifically gives You the right to do any of the foregoing.
4. LIMITED WARRANTY. THE SOFTWARE AND DOCUMENTATION IS OFFERED “AS IS,” AND CYPRESS PROVIDES AND GRANTS AND YOU RECEIVE NO SUPPORT AND NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, BY STATUTE, COMMUNICATION OR CONDUCT WITH LICENSEE, OR OTHERWISE. CYPRESS SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANtABILITY, FITNESS FOR A SPECIFIC PURPOSE, OR NON INFRINGEMENT CONCERNING THE SOFTWARE OR ANY UPGRADES TO OR DOCUMENTATION. WITHOUT LIMITATION OF THE ABOVE, CYPRESS GRANTS NO WARRANTY THAT THE SOFTWARE IS ERROR-FREE OR WILL OPERATE WITHOUT INTERRUPTION, AND GRANTS NO WARRANTY REGARDING ITS USE OR THE RESULTS THEREFROM INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ITS CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, OR RELIABILITY.
5. NO LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL CYPRESS OR ANY OF ITS LICENSORS HAVE ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR OTHER DAMAGES, HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT OR USE, REPRODUCTION, OR DISTRIBUTION OF THE SOFTWARE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF DATA AND LOSS OF PROFITS, EVEN IF SUCH PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THESE LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
6. INDEMNIFICATION. You will indemnify, defend and hold harmless CYPRESS and its employees, directors, representatives and agents (“Indemnified Parties”) for all losses, damages and all reasonable expenses and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, incurred by them in any third party claim, suit or proceeding based upon use or distribution of the Developer Programs or upon Your breach of Your obligations under this Agreement; provided that the Indemnified Parties give You written notice of any such claim, suit or proceeding within a reasonable time and control of the defense thereof.
7. SUPPORT. Please refer to CYPRESS’s website at www.Cypress.com for the current terms of any support CYPRESS elects to make available. In the event that CYPRESS elects to provide upgrades to the Software in connection with any such support, such upgrades shall be included within the definition of Software and shall be provided subject to the rights and restrictions set forth in this Agreement. You shall, at it Your own expense, be solely responsible for providing technical support and training to Your customers for Developer Programs and/or Software, and CYPRESS shall have no obligation with respect thereto. You shall be solely responsible for, and CYPRESS shall have no obligation to honor, any warranties that You provide to Your customers or to end users with respect to the Software, derivative works, or Developer Programs. You shall defend any claim against CYPRESS arising in connection with any such warranties, express, implied, statutory, or otherwise, and shall pay any settlements or damages awarded against CYPRESS that are based on any such warranties.
8. CONFIDENTIALITY. The Software contains proprietary and confidential technology and information of CYPRESS. Accordingly, You must limit access to the Software to those of Your employees who need to use the Software for purposes permitted hereunder and who have been clearly informed of their obligation to maintain the confidentiality of the Software. In addition, You must treat the Software and Documentation as strictly confidential and You must use the same care to protect it from unauthorized use, access or disclosure as You use to protect Your own confidential and proprietary information, but never less than the care a reasonable person would use under similar circumstances. Any breach of this Section 8 would cause irreparable injury to CYPRESS for which no adequate remedy at law exists. Therefore, You agree that equitable remedies, including injunctive relief and specific performance, are appropriate remedies to redress any breach or threatened breach of this Section 8, in addition to all other remedies available to CYPRESS. You will not directly or indirectly disclose or provide a copy of Software to any other silicon solution provider.
10. TERMINATION. CYPRESS may terminate this Agreement at any time if You breach this Agreement or any terms and conditions herein and You have failed to immediately cure such breach. Upon termination, You will immediately destroy or return all copies of the Software and Documentation.
11. U.S. GOVERNMENT RESTRICTED RIGHTS. The Software and Documentation are commercial products, developed at private expense, and provided with restricted rights. Use, reproduction, release, modification or disclosure of the Software or Documentation, or any part thereof, including technical data, by the Government is restricted in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulation (“FAR”) 12.212 for civilian agencies and Defense (“DFARS”) 227.7202 for military agencies. The Software and Documentation are “commercial items,” as that term is defined in 48 C.F.R. 2.101, consisting of “commercial computer software” and “commercial computer software documentation,” as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. 12.212. Consistent with 48 C.F.R. 12.212 and 48 C.F.R. 227.7202-1 through 227.7202-4, all U.S. Government End Users acquire Software and Documentation with only those rights set forth in this Agreement.
12. MISCELLANEOUS. The laws of the state of California govern this Agreement, and it shall inure to the benefit of CYPRESS, its successors, administrators, heirs and assigns. In any action regarding this Agreement, the prevailing party shall be entitled to receive, in addition to any other relief, reasonable attorneys' fees and expenses. If one or more of the provisions contained in this Agreement shall be unenforceable, then such provision shall be considered inoperative to the extent of such enforceability and the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect. The parties hereto agree to replace any such invalid or unenforceable provision with a new provision that has the most nearly similar permissible economic or other effect. You may not assign, delegate or otherwise transfer, whether by agreement, operation of law or otherwise, any right or obligation hereunder without the express prior written consent of CYPRESS, and any attempted assignment, delegation or transfer without such consent shall be void. This Agreement supersedes all prior or contemporaneous proposals, representations, warranties, promises and other communications, whether oral or written, relating to the Software and Documentation. This Agreement may not be amended or modified, except by a written document signed by an authorized representative of each party. Any term or condition in any purchase order or other document You may submit to CYPRESS will have no legal effect.
13. ACKNOWLEDGMENT. You acknowledge that You have read this Agreement, understand it, and agree to its terms and conditions. You also agree that this Agreement covers any merged or partial copies of the Software and is the complete and exclusive Agreement between the parties and supersedes all related proposals, communications or prior agreements, oral or written.
14. CYPRESS IOT COMMUNITY FORUM RULES. Although the administrators and moderators of Cypress IoT Community Forums will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off the Forum site, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of Cypress IoT Community Forums, nor Jive Software, Inc. (developers of Jive Community) will be held responsible for the content of any message. By agreeing to these rules, You warrant that You will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or which otherwise violate any laws. The owners of Cypress IoT Community Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any content item for any reason and without liability.
For WICED® Software
Software supplied as binaries, which are used as tools to build/compile/debug and are not combined into derivative works with Cypress code. Some of these have been slightly modified and source code for the modifications has been supplied:
Additional Terms and Conditions
FTDI virtual com port driver
special LibGCC exception to GPLv3 http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gcc-exception.html
MPC MPFR GMP
All available under GNU LGPL
http://www.multiprecision.org http://www.mpfr.org http://gmplib.org/
GDB: The GNU Project Debugger
License, Use and Redistribution
MSYS contains several different other packages. Most of those packages are licensed by the GNU Public License (GPL).
You may use MSYS on any number of systems. There is no restriction to your use. You may use MSYS commercially as well as privately. You the user assume the responsibility for the use of the files, binary or text, and there is no guarantee or warranty, expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. You assume all responsibility and agree to hold no entity, copyright holder or distributors liable for any loss of data or inaccurate representations of data as a result of using MSYS.
You may redistribute MSYS in part or in whole as long as you follow the guidelines of redistribution of
each license contained within. To be certain that you are being legally compliant, always distribute the
Binaries created from the use of MSYS and of MinGW are not bound by any license found within this package unless you use a library that is itself covered by the GPL license. If you wish to create proprietary software then don't use libiberty.a or any other GPL licensed library. A library licensed with LGPL (Lesser GPL) may be used by proprietary software without GPL infection as special permission within the LGPL has given you this right.
GNU Linux Tools:
Copyright (c) 1989-1994. The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved. Copyright (c) 1997 Christos Zoulas. All rights reserved.
Copyright (c) 1997-2005 Herbert Xu <email@example.com>. All rights reserved. This code is derived from software contributed to Berkeley by Kenneth Almquist. Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE REGENTS AND CONTRIBUTORS “AS IS”' AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED
WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE
This file is part of GNU Bash, the Bourne Again SHell.
Bash is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option) any later version.Bash is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License with your Debian GNU/Linux system, in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL, or with the Debian GNU/Linux hello source package as the file COPYING. If not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite
330,Boston, MA 02111 USA.
Eclipse CDT plugin
Eclipse CDT GDB Hardware Debugging plugin
Copyright (c) 2007, 2010 QNX Software Systems and others.
All rights reserved. This program and the accompanying materials
are made available under the terms of the Eclipse Public License v1.0 which accompanies this distribution, and is available at
All components are covered by the following license:
Software that is combined (linked) into derivative works with Cypress code:
ThreadX / NetX_Duo
Object files & headers : Licensed by Cypress. from Express Logic, Inc.
Object files & headers : Licensed by Cypress from Cypherbridge Systems, LLC.
( Licenses 21, 22, 24, 25, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, and 36 are not applicable ) Sub-library LibGloss: http://sourceware.org/cgi-
(Licenses 6, 7, 11, 12, 13, and 15 are not applicable)
ARM Cortex Microcontroller Software Interface Standard
STM32F10x Standard Peripherals Library Drivers (ST Microelectronics)
The enclosed firmware and all the related documentation are not covered by a License Agreement, if you need such License you can contact your local STMicroelectronics office.
THE PRESENT FIRMWARE WHICH IS FOR GUIDANCE ONLY AIMS AT PROVIDING CUSTOMERS
WITH CODING INFORMATION REGARDING THEIR PRODUCTS IN ORDER FOR THEM TO SAVE TIME. AS A RESULT, STMICROELECTRONICS SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WITH RESPECT TO ANY CLAIMS ARISING FROM THE CONTENT OF SUCH FIRMWARE AND/OR THE USE MADE BY CUSTOMERS OF THE CODING INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN IN CONNECTION WITH THEIR PRODUCTS.
STM32F2xx Standard Peripherals Library Drivers (ST Microelectronics)
THE PRESENT FIRMWARE WHICH IS FOR GUIDANCE ONLY AIMS AT PROVIDING CUSTOMERS WITH CODING INFORMATION REGARDING THEIR PRODUCTS IN ORDER FOR THEM TO SAVE
INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WITH RESPECT TO ANY CLAIMS ARISING FROM THE CONTENT OF SUCH FIRMWARE AND/OR THE USE MADE BY CUSTOMERS OF THE CODING INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN IN CONNECTION WITH THEIR PRODUCTS.
Kinetis Peripheral Library Drivers (Freescale)
Atmel Software Framework including SAM4S Peripheral Library Drivers
For WICED® SMART Software
Minimal SYStem http://www.mingw.org/wiki/msys License, Use and Redistribution
You may redistribute MSYS in part or in whole as long as you follow the guidelines of redistribution of each license contained within. To be certain that you are being legally compliant, always distribute the source. Distribution of source is your responsibility should you decide to redistribute MSYS. If you distribute MSYS via a web site then you must put a copy of the source for that version of MSYS on your web site as well. If you distribute MSYS via removable media then you must distribute that version of MSYS source with that same type of removable media.
Copyright (c) 1997-2005 Herbert Xu <firstname.lastname@example.org>. All rights reserved. This code is derived from software contributed to Berkeley by Kenneth Almquist. Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted
provided that the following conditions are met:
promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE REGENTS AND CONTRIBUTORS ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE REGENTS OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
Bash is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option) any later version.Bash is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY
WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A
PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
Copyright (c) 1998-2008, Brian Gladman, Worcester, UK. All rights reserved. The redistribution and use of this software (with or without changes)
is allowed without the payment of fees or royalties provided that:
of conditions and the following disclaimer in their documentation;
4/6/1989 Haruhiko Okumura
Use, distribute, and modify this program freely. Please send me your improved versions.
PC-VAN SCIENCE NIFTY-Serve PAF01022