problems with a mesh controller app

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AR_2904240698
Level 1
Level 1
25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins

I have problems with the app, on a cell phone creating a network and starting to register devices seems to go well. the problems appear when registering about 275 nodes, the application begins to fail, I tried to do the same with the app in modustoolbox on a pc, but the result was even worse. in modustoolbox the application stops opening the network when 57 nodes have been registered. Has someone managed to create a network with more than 300 nodes? I hope someone can help me with this problem,

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Our software team is internally fixing the issue. The fix will be available in the upcoming SDK release.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
DheerajPK_41

Hi,

I am afraid we don't have test results with provisioning these many nodes in a single network. We will check with our validation team and get back to you.

It would be great if you can share the failure logs with us. Android debug logs (ADB), if it is windows use DBGview. 

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes

Yes, thank you for your attention, I am really interested in solving this since I need to know if it is safe to be able to buy a batch of 3000 cards CYBT-213043-MESH-02

0 Likes
DheerajPK_41

Hi,

I hope the issue is something related to the helper (provisioner) application logic since application does not open after adding a particular number of nodes. So the app running on the chip should work properly. We will try to conduct some test and confirm the issue with help of our validation team.

Also, We have tested a mesh network long back ago itself which contains more that 150+ nodes and it worked without any issues. So I would say it is safe to buy any chip/modules which support mesh as per your requirements. Check https://www.cypress.com/products/airoc-bluetooth-low-energy-mesh  

I would suggest you to contact our sales team to get more information/roadmap if you are planning to order CYBT-213043-02 modules in bulk. https://www.cypress.com/about-us/sales-offices

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

thanks for answering,

but I need to solve this problem in order to validate the purchase.

I need to have evidence that the network operates optimally with more than 1000 devices,

If you could help me with this problem, I would really appreciate it.
0 Likes
DheerajPK_41

Hi,

The maximum number of devices supported is limited by the MESH_CACHE_REPLAY_SIZE defined in mesh_app.c. So one workaround could be increasing this value and try to provision more number of nodes. We are communicating with our internal teams to verify this.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes
Hello, thanks for answering.

I hope if the problem can be solved because I really need this,
I need to solve it as soon as possible or, find some other module that works better
0 Likes

Sure. We will try to fix it soon.

The issue is with the peer helper device. Not related to the module/mesh stack.

0 Likes
I already tried to increase the value of the MESH_CACHE_REPLAY_SIZE
but there was no change
0 Likes
DheerajPK_41

Our software team is internally fixing the issue. The fix will be available in the upcoming SDK release.

0 Likes