Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless

AKORICHE
New Contributor
Hello,

I
am using the Cypress EZ-BT Mesh Evaluation Kit.
The temperature sensor example and the sensor client example are used. I want to control the sensor from the mesh_sensor_client board. Actually, I am able to get the temperature by pushing the button. My aim is to change the period by pushing the button. I didn't find the function that changes the measurement period in the wiced_bt_mesh_models.h

Is there a fonction to fulfil my aim ? Or do I have to call specila fonction to generate the call of notify period set ?

Thank you.

0 Likes
5 Replies
DheerajPK_41

Hi,

In case of sensor_temperature example, please check mesh_sensor_server_restart_timer(). It changes the periodic timer depending on the publication period, fast cadence divisor and minimum interval. It is getting called from mesh_sensor_server_config_change_handler() when WICED_BT_MESH_SENSOR_CADENCE_SET is recevied. Stack initiate this event based on the configuration changes set by the Sensor Client.

https://github.com/cypresssemiconductorco/mtb-example-btsdk-mesh-demo-sensor-temperature

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes
AKORICHE
New Contributor

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

In the provided exemple mesh_snip_sensor_client, I have this code to get the temperature :

p_event = wiced_bt_mesh_create_event(0, MESH_COMPANY_ID_BT_SIG, WICED_BT_MESH_CORE_MODEL_ID_SENSOR_CLNT, 0, 0);
mesh_sensor_get(p_event, p_data, 1);

In the temperature_sensor exemple it calls mesh_sensor_server_report_handler(uint16_t event, uint8_t element_idx, void *p_get, void *p_ref_data). The temperature is received in the client_sensor.

But when I write this code :
uint8_t p_data[26]= { 0x4F,0, 3, 2,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0x40,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0};
p_event = wiced_bt_mesh_create_event(0, MESH_COMPANY_ID_BT_SIG, WICED_BT_MESH_CORE_MODEL_ID_SENSOR_CLNT, 0, 0);
mesh_sensor_cadence_set(p_event, p_data, 1);

This code don't call mesh_sensor_server_report_handler(uint16_t event, uint8_t element_idx, void *p_get, void *p_ref_data) in the temperature_sensor code example.

Do you have any idea why ?

0 Likes
AKORICHE
New Contributor

Hello,

After reading the documentation and the code, I am able to refine my question. What fonction could I call in the mesh_sensor_client example that generate the callback fonction notify period set in the temperature sensor demo ?

Thank you for your help

0 Likes
DheerajPK_41

Hi,

So you have two embedded devices - One is mesh_sensor_client and other one is temperature_sensor or mesh_sensor_server app. Right? 

Here you have to provision these two devices into a single network using a provisioner. Have you done it?

And when you send command from the client to the server you have to use the correct keys also. I would suggest you to use the mesh_sensor_server and mesh_sensor_client apps to do the basic test. Here you can use the MeshClientControl to control the device. 

You can refer below post and steps. The difference is mesh_provision_client app itself have mesh_sensor_client model, so here the provisioner and mesh_sensor_client both are same device.

https://community.cypress.com/t5/ModusToolbox-Bluetooth-SDK/Hello-All/m-p/60384

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes
AKORICHE
New Contributor

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.
I provisonned them in the same network.

I proceded this way :

- I loaded in one card the mesh_snip_sensor_server and in other card mesh_snip_sensor client.
- I created a network using mesh client on Windows 10, then, I sacenned and provisionned both of them.
- After that, in the meshclient if I get the temperature or configure cadebce it works

AKORICHE_0-1625242146679.png

I get this log :

AKORICHE_1-1625242232696.png

- I copied the adress of the node and app key index in mesh client control app in windows 10. I selected the port of the mesh_snip_sensor_client card BR : 115200.
When I want temperature, it works. But when I want to set cadence, the call back fonction isn't called as with the mesh client app. I also tried with HCI command, it's same result.

AKORICHE_2-1625242493442.pngAKORICHE_3-1625242548988.png

AKORICHE_4-1625242597571.png

I am on it since several days.I hope there will be a solution to go further in the project and start the production.

The IDE is modusToolBox 2.3.1
For the bt-SDK and the app I followed the getting started document. everything was created from the IDE and tools were open from the IDE.

0 Likes