ModusToolbox2.3  CYW43012 wifi mfg test

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
horace
Level 1
Level 1
Distributor - Burnon(GC)
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

ModusToolbox2.3  mfg, there is no CYW43012 WIFI test method in the guide.

I would like to have rx/tx/sleep  mfg test command document .

Please answer fast.  Thank you.

0 Likes
4 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Aditi_B
500 replies posted 5 questions asked 250 replies posted

Hi,

Unfortunately, we don't have any mfg test document for MODUS. I'll take this as feedback to the internal team. We do have an MFG document for WICED. As wl tool utility for the chip remains the same irrespective of the IDE,  you can refer to the same document for the commands. I attach the document for your reference.

You have to follow these steps to test these commands on MODUS-

1. In the WICED document, this is the build target - test.mfg_test-CYW943907AEVAL1F download run. In MODUS, the application is - "AnyCloud_Tester-Wi-Fi_MFG_Tool". You can import this application into your workspace. You can go ahead and build this application for your kit.

2. After programming, you have to open the wl utility via command prompt. In WICED, the wl utility is at - <WICED-SDK>\libraries\test\wl_tool\wl_<chip_name>.exe. In MODUS, the same utility you'll find at - "AnyCloud_Tester-Wi-Fi_MFG_Tool\wl-tool-bin\wl_<chip_name>.exe". You can find this step in the application's readme as well.

3. Now, you can test the commands by providing the port and the command. For eg: 

wl4343x.exe --serial 139 ver

Refer to the document for the specific testing required. You can refer to the attached snapshot as well to get an idea. Let us know if you face any issues.

Thanks

Aditi

0 Likes
horace
Level 1
Level 1
Distributor - Burnon(GC)

Thank you very much for your reply.

As follow, what does sleep 3/sleep 10 mean? I need to test the current of CYW43012 in hibernation state. What command do I use to put CYW43012 into hibernation state?

sleep3 sleep10.png

0 Likes
Aditi_B
500 replies posted 5 questions asked 250 replies posted

Hi,

"sleep" command is actually a LINUX command. It's used to delay for a fixed amount of time during the execution of any script or after a certain command. As txpwr1 sets the transmit power output, the delay is required so that the power output is set properly. If you're using WINDOWS, you can use a "ping" command. You can use it this way - 

ping -n 3 <ip_address> 

This will just provide a certain amount of delay.

With regards to the hibernation query, I wanted to understand what state you want the chip to put in. I would like to describe two modes. Let us know which one's desirable for your case-

1. Doze Mode - In this mode, the radio, analog domains and most of the linear regulators are powered down. The rest of the chip remains powered up in an IDLE state. All main clocks (PLL, crystal oscillator or TCXO) are shut down to reduce active power to the minimum. The 32.768 kHz LPO clock is available only for the PMU sequencer. This condition is necessary to allow the PMU sequencer to wake-up the chip and transition to Active mode. In Doze mode, the primary power consumed is due to leakage current.

2. Power Down Mode - Chip is effectively powered off by shutting down all internal regulators. The chip is brought out of this mode by external logic re-enabling the internal regulators.

Let me know which of these modes is close to your application's test.

Thanks

Aditi

0 Likes
horace
Level 1
Level 1
Distributor - Burnon(GC)

Hi ,

Doze Mode. Test the current in the sleep status

Thanks !

0 Likes