Linux driver for CYW43439

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Wirebiter
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi

I am trying out the CYW43439 on imx7 and imx28 platforms. I have tried to use the latest driver I could find (5.4.18) and built it on 4.4.187 and 4.9.11 kernels respectively, using backports.

However when I start linux the devices are not detected and the following kernel error is present in the logs:

brcmfmac: brcmf_fw_alloc_request: Unknown chip BCM43439/5

Is the device not supported by the driver? And if not, how am I able to use the device?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Aditi_B
500 replies posted 5 questions asked 250 replies posted
0 Likes
5 Replies
Aditi_B

Hi,

The current FMAC release does not support 43439 and I'm checking internally for the driver. Can I know your sales point of contact?

Thanks

Aditi

0 Likes

I am not too fond of putting that information where it is publicly available. Is it possible for me to forward your contact information to him instead?

0 Likes

Our sales contact is:

Arrow Denmark - Michael Hansen

We're using the CYW43438 and have beed recomended to switch to the CYW43439 by Infinion/Arrow

0 Likes
Aditi_B

Hi,

CYW43439 is not a mass marketing chip. So, I would recommend you to contact the sales again for the right support.

Thanks

Aditi

0 Likes
Aditi_B

Hi,

Please find the following link for Linux driver for CYW43439 chip-

https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/wireless-connectivity/airoc-wi-fi-plus-bluetooth-combos/cyw4...

Thanks

0 Likes