Is working firmware included in single CYW20706?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
bemale
Level 3
Level 3
100 sign-ins 50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins

Hi,

I'm using CYW920706 Eval kit to study wireless application.

Meanwhile, I've got a question regarding the firmware embedded in CYW20706 on CYW920706 Eval board.

I can download my appl. to the board and use BT profile due to this embedded firmware.

What about single CYW20706? Is this firmware embedded in every single CYW20706 also same as Eval board?

Thanks,

0 Likes
1 Solution
BragadeeshV
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @bemale ,

Every CYW20706 chip comes with the BT controller stack residing in the device ROM  from factory.  In controller only mode, the device will act as an BT standalone controller with a HCI interface to an external MCU which will run the BT host stack. In embedded mode, both the Bluetooth host stack and the controller stack will run on the CYW20706  device. 

" Is this firmware embedded in every single CYW20706 also same as Eval board?"

Could you please clarify which firmware you are referring to in your question?

Regards,
Bragadeesh

View solution in original post

1 Reply
BragadeeshV
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @bemale ,

Every CYW20706 chip comes with the BT controller stack residing in the device ROM  from factory.  In controller only mode, the device will act as an BT standalone controller with a HCI interface to an external MCU which will run the BT host stack. In embedded mode, both the Bluetooth host stack and the controller stack will run on the CYW20706  device. 

" Is this firmware embedded in every single CYW20706 also same as Eval board?"

Could you please clarify which firmware you are referring to in your question?

Regards,
Bragadeesh