Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Rusty
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

Does Cypress/Infineon offer any other solution to get Audio / Video contents from apple devices to HDMI or wirelessly (like AirPlay device)?

0 Likes
1 Solution
raks_99
First question asked 250 replies posted 250 sign-ins

Hey Rusty,

Cypress offers a wide range of WiFi radios, a protocol stack like Airplay or Chromecast has to be used on top of this as an application on the host device.  Airplay is propriety to Apple and third-party companies would have to license it from apple.

If you meant to say wireless HDMI extender, then we currently do not have any products as such.

If you meant something else, then let me know more about it so I can help. 

Best Regards,

Raks

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
raks_99

Hey Rusty,

Cypress offers a wide range of WiFi radios, a protocol stack like Airplay or Chromecast has to be used on top of this as an application on the host device.  Airplay is propriety to Apple and third-party companies would have to license it from apple.

If you meant to say wireless HDMI extender, then we currently do not have any products as such.

If you meant something else, then let me know more about it so I can help. 

Best Regards,

Raks

0 Likes

User wants to get the audio / video from apple device and be able to cast it over to  one or more receiver(s).

Current plan is to get it over USB-C interface in Alt mode and use DP to HDMI converter, which requires multi chip solution. Customer is asking if Infineon offers any wireless solution like Apple AirPlay receiver device (that is used inside Smart TVs)?  The wireless solution will be much easier to deploy since no extra wiring will require.

0 Likes
raks_99

Hi @SuKa_2620366 ,

Apple Airplay receiver devices work over the local network. The local network can be established using WiFi or Ethernet cables. And since you want it to be a wireless solution, you can use WiFi in this case. 

The AirPlay receiver even in Smart TVs is the WiFi radio. We have some customers already using our WiFi chips for Airplay applications. The WiFi chip can be sourced from Infineon and the actual Airplay protocol stack would have to be licensed from Apple.

We do not have any native support for wireless Audio/Video streaming solutions. Our chips would have to be used with any other third-party protocol stacks like Airplay/Chromecast.

Best Regards

0 Likes