Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PIHL
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 sign-ins

Hello,

I am using a CYW43012 (Murata LBEE59B1LV) with LPC56407 (LPC546XX Microcontroller (MCU) Family | NXP Semiconductors) on a dedicated PCB. I use WHD library from Cypress with Free-RTOS and LWIP, I also have SDIO and GPIO ported from mcuxpresso. Used MCU has 512KB of Flash memory.

I want to create an access point or scan local networks. To do it I firstly need to upload the firmware to the CYW43012.

The project is taking too much flash memory - I get region 'PROGRAM_FLASH' overflowed error. Is there any way to make it smaller? I think 43012C0_bin is too big for my MCU.

Do you have any suggestions how can I manage it? Is CYW43012 WiFi possible to be implemented on 512KB MCU?

Thanks,

Piotr

0 Likes
1 Solution
PIHL
Level 3
Level 3

Hello everyone,

I received my answers from someone from Cypress.

The WiFi firmware is uploaded to RAM of radio chip so it need to be uploaded every time on module power up. The firmware can not be modified, it should be uploaded as it is.

To make my project fit into 512KB MCU i will need to compress 43012C0_bin, use external memory to store it, or receive it by UART from PC. Other way is of course to use other MCU.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Aditi_B
500 replies posted 5 questions asked 250 replies posted

Hi,

Is firmware download taking place successfully? From your description, I assume that you're trying to download the project on your 512KB MCU and you're getting the overflow error, right? Also, is the project custom developed by you or you're using Infineon default scan examples?

Thanks

Aditi

0 Likes
PIHL
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

thanks for the response. I don't know if firmware download is taking place succesfully.

I have a custom project based on default Infineon examples - the custom part is mostly MCU specific SDIO library.

I try to download project on 512KB MCU and it is getting overflown. From the map file I get the information that 43012C0_bin is taking 444KB of Flash.

1. Can I use an external programmer to flash 43012 radio chip?

2. Can I reduce the size of 43012 radio chip firmware?

3. Can I edit and build the radio chip firmware by myself?

Thanks,

Piotr

0 Likes
PIHL
Level 3
Level 3

Hello everyone,

I received my answers from someone from Cypress.

The WiFi firmware is uploaded to RAM of radio chip so it need to be uploaded every time on module power up. The firmware can not be modified, it should be uploaded as it is.

To make my project fit into 512KB MCU i will need to compress 43012C0_bin, use external memory to store it, or receive it by UART from PC. Other way is of course to use other MCU.