CYW20719B1 I2C question

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
kmantem
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 questions asked 5 sign-ins

We are using a custom board and seem to being having a few issues with CYW20719B1  (we intend to upgrade when B2 chips are available again) but at the moment we are on B1.  

We are developing using WICED 6.4

In our application, it seems we can't register a GPIO interrupt without having some kind of thread continuously running?  We can initialize the board fine and can get it to boot and work with it, but when we register an interrupt on a pin it does not seem to fire unless there is an active thread beyond the init stack running?  Can you explain why or what to do differently with setting up the interrupt?

When we do set a thread to run, we can't seem to talk to I2C devices -   We have a device that powers up externally, and use the event detection pin to notify the Cypress that it is powered.   However, in the thread we continually get the I2C failure error when reading from it.      If we create a while loop on application init, and do not use the thread, we are able to talk to it over I2C without issue, meaning we can detect power (without using the GPIO interrupt register, but by querying the change in PIN status, and then we can read and write data to the I2C device w/o issue.   

It just seems to be an issue if we are issuing I2C from a thread or when enabling a thread to run, then we can't seem to talk over to I2C.

We have not encountered this on B2, but again we are stuck with B1 until supply of B2 becomes more readily available.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Zhengbao_Zhang
250 sign-ins First comment on KBA 10 questions asked

Hello:

Are you using a module for the test ?  and

In our application, it seems we can't register a GPIO interrupt without having some kind of thread continuously running?  We can initialize the board fine and can get it to boot and work with it, but when we register an interrupt on a pin it does not seem to fire unless there is an active thread beyond the init stack running?  Can you explain why or what to do differently with setting up the interrupt?

seems interrupt pin has issues, can you upload the circuit for  a check?

0 Likes