Bluetooth Disconnection Isuue

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
AkNa_4845671
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked 5 sign-ins First reply posted

Hi,

We are trying to check the connection stability of Bluetooth. 

We checked the bluetooth connection with the firmware which was provided by default. We are not sure about the firmware version but there was no connection instability. The default MAC Address was AA:AA:AA:AA:AA:AA.

Then after flashing the new firmware (minidriver.bin, firmware.bin, bt_fw_download) the MAC address got changed to 20:81:9A:1F:4F:50. But after this firmware flash we are facing disconnection issue. The testing procedure is provided below:

1) Enabling the Bluetooth by executing ble.sh. The script file has been attached below.

2) Running the bluetooth.service. 

3) Executing bluetoothctl commands for establishing the Bluetooth connection and the commands are as below:

:scan on

: scan off

: pair<MAC-ADDRESS>

: connect<MAC-ADDRESS>

5) After following these steps Bluetooth connection is established but within few seconds there is a disconnection. This scenario is not observed when we tested with the default firmware. Please find the below attachment

Regards,

Akshay Naik 

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

You have downloaded an empty application which does not have any connection handlers in embedded mode. So either you have to use the device in controller mode  or use a right embedded application such as LE Hello Sensor.  Could you please let us know which embedded application you are expecing to be present in the device? What is the user scenario? 

But, looking at the script, I guess you are trying to use it in controller mode. Correct? In that case my suggestion is to use CyBluetool and try your experiments and if you see bluetooth disconnection please share the log with us.

https://community.cypress.com/t5/Public-Archive/CyBluetool-Windows-Installer/m-p/252162#M4213

Thanks,

-Dheeraj.P.K

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
DheerajPK_41

Hi ,

I am not sure about the default firmware. But, may I know which firmware are you trying to flash on the chip? From where you got it?  Also, please share ble.sh ?

i hope you have CYW20819 based platform with you. Do you want it to use as a controller (ie. with an external host) only or are you planning to use it in embedded mode?

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
AkNa_4845671
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked 5 sign-ins First reply posted

Hi,

We had built a firmware using ModusToolBox Software. The steps followed are given in the below attached document. After following the steps as in the document we were obtained with .hex files which were converted to .bin files. These bin files were flashed on to the chipset.

The ble.sh file is attached below.

We are using CYW989820EVB-01 platform. We are using it in embedded mode with iMX6UL processor.

Regards,

Akshay Naik

0 Likes
DheerajPK_41

Hi,

You have downloaded an empty application which does not have any connection handlers in embedded mode. So either you have to use the device in controller mode  or use a right embedded application such as LE Hello Sensor.  Could you please let us know which embedded application you are expecing to be present in the device? What is the user scenario? 

But, looking at the script, I guess you are trying to use it in controller mode. Correct? In that case my suggestion is to use CyBluetool and try your experiments and if you see bluetooth disconnection please share the log with us.

https://community.cypress.com/t5/Public-Archive/CyBluetool-Windows-Installer/m-p/252162#M4213

Thanks,

-Dheeraj.P.K

0 Likes