20735 BLE can issue about duplicate filter

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Bill_Joseph
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 sign-ins

Dear all,

I develop BEL porject based on 20735.  One 20735 device to start scan with enable "duplicate filter" such as wiced_bt_ble_scan( BTM_BLE_SCAN_TYPE_NONE, WICED_TRUE, scan_result_cback ).  Another 20735 device to send ADV message.   The scanning 20735 device just receive one ADV message, even I call "wiced_bt_start_advertisements( BTM_BLE_ADVERT_OFF, BLE_ADDR_PUBLIC, NULL )" to  stop ADV then to start adv again in the other 20735 device.  

Per my understand, if enable "duplicate filter" in "wiced_bt_ble_scan" API, should just filter ADV message in one ADV duration. after call "wiced_bt_start_advertisements with BTM_BLE_ADVERT_OFF", then call "wiced_bt_start_advertisements" API to start new ADV, the new ADV message should not been filtered. right? 

0 Likes
1 Solution
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi @Bill_Joseph ,

If duplicate filtering is enabled, the central will filter the packets from peripheral device with same BD address. Therefore, even if you turn off and then again start advertisement, the ADV packets will be filtered.

FYI: BLE Central unable to Receive Multiple Advertisement Packets from Peripheral – KBA220285 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi @Bill_Joseph ,

If duplicate filtering is enabled, the central will filter the packets from peripheral device with same BD address. Therefore, even if you turn off and then again start advertisement, the ADV packets will be filtered.

FYI: BLE Central unable to Receive Multiple Advertisement Packets from Peripheral – KBA220285 

0 Likes