WICED Studio - OSX - Make Targets doesn't react

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NiRo_4598436
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

macOS Catalina 10.15.3

WICED 6.4.0 (Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers, with WICED SDK 3.4.0)

PSoC6 WiFi-BT Pioneer Kit Rev C (Rev 11 stated on the kit)

Hi there,

Just installed the WICED 6.4 on my Mac successfully. I downloaded the demo app CE222494 and added the its content to

• WICED-Studio-6.1\43xxx_Wi-Fi\apps\demo
  • WICED-Studio-6.1\43xxx_Wi-Fi\resources\apps

In "Make Target" I opened a new one named it

• demo.CE222494_PSoC6_WICED_WiFi-CY8CKIT_062 download_apps download run

But, when double clicking on it (having the device connected), it says build finished after 73 ms and then it does nothing more. ?!

Screenshot 2020-03-21 at 16.38.22.png

Well my experience says that this is way too fast. So tried to clean it,... nothing more happens.

Screenshot 2020-03-21 at 16.40.02.png

I get the feeling that nothing happens!? Is there something missing (any compiler settings I have to go thorugh)?

Here is a screenshot of my WICED:

Screenshot 2020-03-21 at 16.47.45.png

Thanks for any help.

Best regards

Nik

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Nik,

Please use the build command in the C/C++ build settings to ${ProjDirPath}/make and give it a try.

If you still facing the issue, please open command line in the directory 43xxx_Wi-Fi/ and type ./make snip.scan-CY8CKIT_062 download run and let us know if there are any errors.

Also, please add VERBOSE=1 in your make target by reverting the default C/C++ build settings and share us the logs.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
KotnaniK_71
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hi Nik,

I think WICED 6.4 in your mac isn't installed properly. Please check the thread post Re: Wiced Studio on macOS and see if it helps.

Can you please uninstall and remove all the files related to WICED 6.4 in your mac and reinstall WICED 6.4 again using steps WICED-Studio 6.4.0 Installer (OSX).

Thanks.

0 Likes

Hi KotnaniK

Thank you for your reply. I already found your link before and yes one needs to...

...run the following command: chmod +x WICED-Studio-6.4.0.61-IDE-Installer.app/Contents/MacOS/*

And then it is possible to click on the installer. The installation goes through and ends successfully. But then something simply doesn't work.

Please check out the video I have done.

When pressing the "Make" link it calles a .../make.exe    is it what it should?

Cheers Nik

0 Likes

Hi Nik,

Thank you for providing the video. make.exe inside the WICED have to be used in order to build the make target. Please check the build command in the WICED C/C++ build project settings and specify build command "make.exe" or "./make" and see if it helps.

Thanks.

0 Likes
NiRo_4598436
Level 2
Level 2

Hi KotnaniK

Thx for responding! Unfortunately it didn't help. Following the original settings and then the manipulated one:

Screenshot 2020-03-28 at 20.18.19.png

Screenshot 2020-03-28 at 20.21.26.png

I was digging in as well a little and I analysing the "make" file in the "Project Explorer" (well I tried to understand as much as possible). Eventually it says this:

#OSX

#echo Host is OSX

"${scriptdir}tools/common/OSX/make" "$@" HOST_OS=OSX

elif [ "${win32unamestr}" == "MinGW" ]; then

#MinGW / Cygwin

#echo Host is MinGW

"${scriptdir}tools/common/Win32/make.exe" "$@" HOST_OS=Win32

Screenshot 2020-03-28 at 20.48.24.png

So because I am running OSX I would rather expect "make" instead of "make.exe".

Well, navigating to this path ".../tools/common/OSX/make" and double clicking on this (it's my nature to click on everything, and red buttons are the coolest   ) the following message pops up:
Screenshot 2020-03-28 at 20.50.06.png

And this now looks very interesting because:

Screenshot 2020-03-28 at 20.50.21.png

...    Does this help us any further?

Cheers Nik

0 Likes

Hi Nik,

Please use the build command in the C/C++ build settings to ${ProjDirPath}/make and give it a try.

If you still facing the issue, please open command line in the directory 43xxx_Wi-Fi/ and type ./make snip.scan-CY8CKIT_062 download run and let us know if there are any errors.

Also, please add VERBOSE=1 in your make target by reverting the default C/C++ build settings and share us the logs.

Thanks.

Could be resolved in the installation packet as well, couldn't it?

0 Likes
NiRo_4598436
Level 2
Level 2

Heeey KotnaniK

Haha, way better!

How couldn't I see!!!    Sure now it works!!

In "Project/Properties/C/C++ Build/   -> Builder

Changing "Build Command" from

"${ProjDirPath}/make.exe"

to

"${ProjDirPath}/make"

Thank you very much for your support!!

Cheers Nik

0 Likes