Setting Country code fails with WWD_WLAN_BADARG for CYW4343

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am working on porting the WiFi driver for CYW4343 on a custom board using the reference from WICED SDK.

We are following the sequence of commands found in the API wwd_management_wifi_on() of wwd_management.c and I have successfully downloaded the chip firmware.

I get retval = WWD_WLAN_BADARG while calling "wwd_sdpcm_send_iovar( SDPCM_SET, buffer, 0, WWD_STA_INTERFACE )", where the country code is set as WICED_COUNTRY_UNITED_STATES. I have attached the code snippet below for reference.

We tried to verify the firmware loading by using  wwd_wifi_get_wifi_version API and I am able to read the FW version as shown below:

wl0: Apr 30 2018 04:14:19 version 7.45.98.50 (r688715 CY) FWID 01-283fcdb9

But, set country code still fails. Can anyone please help me if I am missing anything. Thanks in advance for your help.

country_struct = (wl_country_t*) wwd_sdpcm_get_iovar_buffer( &buffer, (uint16_t) sizeof(wl_country_t), IOVAR_STR_COUNTRY );

if ( country_struct == NULL )

{

wiced_assert( "Could not get buffer for IOCTL", 0 != 0 );

return WWD_BUFFER_ALLOC_FAIL;

}

memset(country_struct, 0, sizeof(wl_country_t));

ptr  = (uint32_t*)country_struct->ccode;

*ptr = (uint32_t) wwd_wlan_status.country_code & 0x0000ffff;

ptr  = (uint32_t*)country_struct->country_abbrev;

*ptr = (uint32_t) wwd_wlan_status.country_code & 0x0000ffff;

country_struct->rev = (int32_t) ( ( wwd_wlan_status.country_code & 0xffff0000 ) >> 16 );

/* if regrev is 0 then set regrev to -1 so the FW will use any NVRAM/OTP configured aggregate

* to choose the regrev.  If there is no aggregate configured then the FW will try to use regrev 0.

*/

if ( country_struct->rev == 0 )

{

country_struct->rev = -1;

}

retval = wwd_sdpcm_send_iovar( SDPCM_SET, buffer, 0, WWD_STA_INTERFACE );

if ( retval != WWD_SUCCESS )

{

/* Could not set wifi country */

WPRINT_WWD_ERROR(("Could not set Country code\n"));

return retval;

}

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi rroy,

I have found the root cause of the problem. There was some issue regarding the OOB Interrupt setting on my hardware. Once I fixed it I am able to set the country code.

Thank you for your time.

View solution in original post

6 Replies