SPI Interface in wiced-Studio

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
BiM_4640481
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 25 sign-ins 10 replies posted

Hi,

I am working on Murata1LD  with  Wiced Studio6.4. ?I am trying to interface NAND flash from Toshiba TH58CVG3S0HRAIG using SPI. Whenever I read via SPI, the first byte I get is always 0xFF. For example, when I read the device id, the first byte I get is 0xFF followed by 0x98 and 0xcd which are the correct manufacturer and device ids. Can you please tell me the reason behind first byte always being 0xFF.?

Thanks,

Binsy M S

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Binsy,

Please check the blog post SFLASH support addition in WICED which explains about how to add support for sflash in WICED.

Actually, Toshiba's flash is not supported in WICED and if this is a requirement for you, you can get in touch with local sales/marketing team to check if it's feasible to add support for Toshiba's parts.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
KotnaniK_71
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hi Binsy,

I don't think WICED have support for sflash from Toshiba manufacturer.

Can you please let me know how you're performing read operation via SPI?

Thanks.

0 Likes

Toshiba provided the drivers for flash. I am doing the porting by replacing the SPI functions with wiced SPI functions. I am able to get rid of the extra 0xFF by sending a dummy byte after calling wiced_spi_transfer() to transfer the read id command.

Now the problem I face is related to reading back and verifying the data written to flash. Data read back is not matching with data written

Thanks,

Binsy M S

0 Likes

Hi Binsy,

Please check the blog post SFLASH support addition in WICED which explains about how to add support for sflash in WICED.

Actually, Toshiba's flash is not supported in WICED and if this is a requirement for you, you can get in touch with local sales/marketing team to check if it's feasible to add support for Toshiba's parts.

Thanks.

0 Likes