About SSID list acquisition

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AkKo_4458241
Level 2
Level 2

Hello.

I want to get the SSID list in order of signal strength by referring to the file(ThreadX_NetX_Duo_Scan.c).

(1) How long does it take to get one list? (time per outer while)
     When I tried, it was around 1.0 second.
(2) If there are many access points around, does this time increase?
(3)Will access points with strong signal strength be added to the list preferentially?

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

Yes, the SSID list is not acquired according to the highest signal strength priority in ThreadX_NetX_Duo_Scan.c file.

As BCM94343WWCD2 is a single band Wi-Fi chip, the scan time would be less when compared with dual band devices.

The scan usually starts from channel 1 and the scan time also depends on the dwell time per channel as well.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
KotnaniK_71
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hi,

Can you please let me know the platform which you're using for your implementation.

Usually, the scan time would be more for dual band devices than single band devices and it also depends on the dwell time per channel.

Also, for adding highest signal strength access points to the SSID list preferentially, you can try with your own implementation by using different algorithm.

Thanks.

Hello,

Thank you very much for your advice

Platform which I am using for my implementation is "BCM94343WWCD2-ThreadX-NetX_Duo".

The algorithm of “ThreadX_NetX_Duo_Scan.c” is

I understood that the signal strength was not acquired by priority.

Thank you.

0 Likes

Hi,

Yes, the SSID list is not acquired according to the highest signal strength priority in ThreadX_NetX_Duo_Scan.c file.

As BCM94343WWCD2 is a single band Wi-Fi chip, the scan time would be less when compared with dual band devices.

The scan usually starts from channel 1 and the scan time also depends on the dwell time per channel as well.

Thanks.

AkKo_4458241
Level 2
Level 2

Hello.

Thank you for your detailed explanation.

I will consider giving priority to SSID with strong signal strength on the application side.

Thank you.

0 Likes