cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi Bluetooth for Linux

adrix_m
New Contributor

Hello,

we are considering the Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4 (CM4) for one of our products, and because we will use a non pre-certified antenna we need to run a subset of the certification tests.

The CM documentation declares that the wireless module is BCM43455, which I understand is produced by Broadcom around Cypress technology, is this correct?

Could you provide the related software tools and documentation?

We will use standard Raspbian.

Has the Raspberry Pi 4B+ the same wireless module? It would be nice to be able to familiarize with the tools and the scripts with the "consumer" Raspberry before system integration with the CM.

Thanks,

Adriano

0 Likes
6 Replies
raks_99

Hi adrix,

Yes, The Wireless Radio  BCM43455 (CYW43455) is by Cypress.

What are the certification tests you are planning to conduct?

I'm not sure if there is a Raspberry Pi 4B+ out there but you can contact Raspberry Pi to know the Wireless Radio they used in it.

I can provided wl tool cross-compiled for aarch64 with "aarch64-linux-gnu-gcc" toolchain. Would it work for you?

Thanks and Regards

Raks

Cypress Application Support

0 Likes
adrix_m
New Contributor

Hi raks,

the cross build with aarch64-linux-gnu-gcc (I presume you are cross compiling on Ubuntu or Debian ) should be OK, thanks.

Regarding the tests: since the Rpi CM 4 is already certified by Raspberry Pi (Trading) Limited for the EU, to certify the entire product we have to emit at maximum power in selected channels, both for WiFi and BT.

Hence the need for the wl tool.

Best regards,

Adriano

0 Likes
raks_99

Hi adrix,

Yes, cross compiled on Ubuntu 18.04

Please find the attached wl tool zip file Let me know if you have issues using it.

Thanks and Regards

Raks

Cypress Application Support

adrix_m
New Contributor

Hi Raks,

this version does not run, readelf says that is a shared library and not an executable.

However, the tool wl_fmac_rpi3 runs but when I try to use it gives this error:

pi@raspberryPT:~/wireless $ ./wl_fmac_rpi3 up
./wl_fmac_rpi3: wl driver adapter not found

What I am missing?

Thanks,

Adriano.

0 Likes
DS_Lin
Contributor

Hi adrix,

Do you have try ./wl ver command?
Can you please share the logs after the ./wl help command,TKS!

Br,

0 Likes
raks_99

Hi Adriano,

I'm building the wl tool again slightly differently, I will provide it to you shortly.

Also , What certifications are you planning to conduct? FCC/Regulatory Related or WFA certs?

Best Regards,

Raks

0 Likes