Announcements
IMPORTANT: Cypress Developer Community is transitioning on October 20th. To learn more and be prepared for this change, check out our latest announcement.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi Bluetooth for Linux

Dvergatal
New Contributor II

Hi all,

I have been trying to use NetworkManager together with cypress-fmac-v5.4.18-2021_0527 patches on mainline 5.4.18 kernel. Currently nearly all is working correctly except few issues, which were fixed together with little help from Beniamino Galvani of NM RedHat Team. My issue is in here Hotspot WPA3 support - this is the second half of the issue, because first one was solved with upgrading NM from 1.32 branch to 1.33. In brief, together with Beniamino we have discovered, that the driver is not returning RSN_AUTH_KEY_MGMT_SAE. We suspect that the problem is that the SAE AKM is not set in the NL80211_ATTR_AKM_SUITES netlink attribute by the driver. I have used grep to find it and i did not find any. My question is it possible that all suits are defined in the firmware and is it possible that this specific suite is missing? Is it possible for the cypress team to solve this issue because it is needed by the NM to set a wpa3 hotspot.

BR
Piotr

0 Likes
2 Replies
Vivek_gunapati

Hi Piotr, 

I am checking internally on what suits are supported, we will get back to you soon on this. 

Regards, Vivek.

0 Likes
Dvergatal
New Contributor II

Hi Vivek,

Thx for quick reply. I look forward to hearing from you.

BR
Piotr

0 Likes