What specific BT4.1 features does the BCM4343w support?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

As many may know the BT4.1 spec is a little tricky as you can say a module or device is 4.1 compliant while only supporting some of the 4.1 features (you don't have to support them all). With that being said what specific BT4.1 features does the BCM4343w support? Most importantly in my endeavor, does it support simultaneous central and peripheral role actions?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShawnA_01
Employee
Employee
10 questions asked 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

Mark - Your company has requested this information (and more) within Broadcom CSP case 1066522, which has migrated into Cypress case 271705 after the cutover to Cypress.   When the answers get posted to the 271705, I will circle back around to this Forum posting with the answers.  I have added you as a Collaborator to the Cypress support ticket.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
CarlosTirado
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins First comment on KBA 5 replies posted

Hi,

For any qualified product you can check "www.bluetooth.org" to find out what is supported.

The link below is for BCM4343W   : The Official Bluetooth SIG Member Website.

These is the ICS link : https://www.bluetooth.org/tpg/showCorePICS.cfm?3A000A5A005C5346565A5D14403B0C0D0E2405022413010E57503...

Capability Statement  [ top ]

Table 1: Bluetooth LE RF Capabilities
Item Capability System Spec
Reference
Status Support
[Yes] or [No]
1 LE Transmitter (Non-connectable, Broadcaster) [2], 3  C.1      
2 LE Receiver (Non-connectable, Observer) [2], 4  C.1      
3 LE Transceiver (Connectable, Peripheral/Central) [2], 3, 4  C.1      

C.1: At least one of the capabilities shall be supported.

ShawnA_01
Employee
Employee
10 questions asked 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

Mark - Your company has requested this information (and more) within Broadcom CSP case 1066522, which has migrated into Cypress case 271705 after the cutover to Cypress.   When the answers get posted to the 271705, I will circle back around to this Forum posting with the answers.  I have added you as a Collaborator to the Cypress support ticket.