WL Tools for x86 Based Android System

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ShBB_2186006
Level 2
Level 2
First like received

Hi All,

I was searching for WL Tools for Android and found that for ARM system, there is pre-built binary package available as part of supporting i.MX [Quick Start with iMX6 Ultralite EVK and Mass Market Modules ]. Can we get similar tools package for x86 Based Linux/Android platform. We are using BCM4343W platform.

Please let us know.

Thanks and regards,
Gupta

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Gupta,

With laptops I have not seen these modules work.

What is the platform you are using and what module you are using?  Do you have a working setup. The wl tool, It is not dependent on the module, but I am curious to see what your setup is?

Thanks,

Venkat

0 Likes

Hi Venkat,

This is for a head wear device and the host CPU is a atom based system.

It is a new product line in Intel and their eval kit is using BCM4343W.

They have indicated due to some legal constraints, they cannot share the tools.

Hence, for the same, requesting for these testing tools though this support website. 

Best regards,
Gupta

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Gupta,

1) What is the module(is it a Murata module?) that you are using? Have you tried reaching out to them?

2) Could you point to where the toolchain for the Atom based host CPU is ? With this info, maybe the module partner can build the wl tool for you.

Thanks,

Venkat

0 Likes