Suitable wi-fi module for real time video streaming to android

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello every one:

A newbie here, with a question which could sound too broad and vague.

I am looking for expert in cypress community who could educate me on this topic. I want to build a wi-fi based video streaming module for android devices. I read in some of the cypress discussion forums that many of wifi+microcontrollers from cypress are going to be insufficient for such an application. Could some expert point to me what module to use, and how to calculate/determine the relevant numbers to decide what that appropriate wi-fi module would be for such an application.

Thanks in advance.

Best,

Apoorva

0 Likes
1 Solution
VinayakS_26
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hi,

It depends on the kind of Data rate that you are looking at. CYW4356 supports data rates upto 867Mbps. It supports both PCIe as well as SDIO for interfacing with the Host. The host should be able to take the processing load from the Radio chip.What is the kind of host that you are planning to interface the chip with?.

http://www.cypress.com/search/psg/121332#/?_facetShow=ss_pproduct_family,ss_pdevice_type,ss_pwireles...

View solution in original post

2 Replies
VinayakS_26
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hi,

It depends on the kind of Data rate that you are looking at. CYW4356 supports data rates upto 867Mbps. It supports both PCIe as well as SDIO for interfacing with the Host. The host should be able to take the processing load from the Radio chip.What is the kind of host that you are planning to interface the chip with?.

http://www.cypress.com/search/psg/121332#/?_facetShow=ss_pproduct_family,ss_pdevice_type,ss_pwireles...

Note that Murata and Azurewave are the only Module Partners supporting a CYW4356 (MIMO) option today.  Their modules have some additional engagement criteria and often require higher volumes, so please reach out to your local Murata and Azurewave sales reps to discuss if this is the path you decides to take:

• Azurewave (AW-CM217NF and AW-CM240NF)
  • Murata (Type 1CX (LBEH5UL1CX-TEMP))