Help! BCM 1DX - changing Bluetooth MAC on-board ( imx7s - 4.1.32 kernel )

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
EdTy_2191711
Level 2
Level 2
10 sign-ins 10 replies posted 5 sign-ins

Hello,

Our company has developed a product that is currently in production using a 1DX_4343W BT/WIFI module. Problem is that all the Bluetooth MAC's are the same across all boards, obviously not a good thing! There is no provision for the Windows tool to be connected to our boards in order to program the 1DX module in place.

So a few questions:

1) The current BT MAC for all boards is 43:43:A1:12:1F:AC, where is this actually coming from/located?

2) How can I change this Bluetooth MAC either in the build, the BCM driver or on the device itself in-situ so all BT device are different?

3) Can this BT MAC be changed within the *.OOB.cal *.SDIO.cal files? If so how are they loaded into the 1DX runtime? In my *.cal file I have the following line: macaddr=00:90:4c:c5:12:38, however this has no relationship to the BT MAC I see via HCI0 ( Bluetooth ) nor my WIFI MAC.

As you can see my knowledge if the 1DX workings is pretty much nil, so any help/direction would be greatly appreciated.

BR,

Edward.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

I posted this in Murata's support forum earlier but here's the answer... You can provide the BD_ADDR as part of the hciattach command line, similar as follows:

hciattach /dev/ttyS0 -t 10 bcm43xx 3000000 flow nosleep 11:22:33:44:55:66

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I posted this in Murata's support forum earlier but here's the answer... You can provide the BD_ADDR as part of the hciattach command line, similar as follows:

hciattach /dev/ttyS0 -t 10 bcm43xx 3000000 flow nosleep 11:22:33:44:55:66
EdTy_2191711
Level 2
Level 2
10 sign-ins 10 replies posted 5 sign-ins

Thanks, I stumbled across the solution a couple of days ago but your answer certainly does work One trap for the Yocto/imx builds like mine however is the parameter parsing of hcitool, as a bug report states must have all the parameters up to bd_addr to work, e.g flow and sleep..

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, I had the same problem with the hciattach command line parsing... For the life of me, I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't take the BD_ADDR.  I had to read the source code to figure out what it was actually doing!  It's really picky on the number of arguments and the order in which you give them.

0 Likes